When I baked up some oatmeal toffee cookies last week, I also had to pacify the family with some uber chocolaty treats. These Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies fit the bill! I knew these chocolate laden gems would be a hit.
Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies
I had plenty of excuses to bake cookies a week ago. I was heading to Denver to see my dad, sister, brother-in-law, and furry nephews (Maddy and Kevin have 4 adorable pups). I couldn’t arrive empty-handed.
Then I had my first TV gig on our local CBS affiliate (chatting about indoor grilling) and, again, I needed to share treats with the crew. Chocolate seems to be a universally loved flavor, so these triple chocolate wonders looked perfect. In fact, you might even call them quintuple chocolate cookies since the dough contained melted semi-sweet AND cocoa powder along with the three chocolate chips/chunks/discs.
Though my youngest, not a white chocolate fan, reminded me that white chocolate wasn’t officially chocolate. He’s so literal. Call them what you will, but I bet decadent and delicious will come to mind with your first bite.
Hugs & Cookies XOXO
Thanks again to my lovely friend, Danielle for another magnificent cookie recipe! She is my go-to blogger for decadent treats. I promise you will love whatever you try from her blog!!! We share a recipe from each other’s sites every second Monday of the month. My family adored these Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies–no surprise there!
Check out Danielle’s take on this recipe as well as her social media sites!
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- 2¼ cups flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup white chocolate chips or disks
- Melt the semisweet chocolate in the microwave and let cool.
- In a mixer, beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Pour in the melted chocolate and mix till combined.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix till incorporated. Add the dry ingredients and mix just till combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Chill dough a few hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line baking sheets with parchment.
- Using a cookie scoop drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto sheet and bake 10-12 minutes. Cool on pan a few minutes, then remove to cooling rack to finish cooling.
Total time does not include chilling time.
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 172Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 81mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 2g