Strawberry Cheesecake Parfaits
My first clue that this recipe was a success was seeing that Bill had finished his off for breakfast. Well, it does have fruit and dairy. Practically like a strawberry yogurt<insert sarcastic tone>, right???!
Well, I must admit, they were very generous servings. So the leftover Strawberry Cheesecake Parfaits were ever so tempting when he opened the fridge at 5:00 AM. Who has willpower at that hour???
Luscious, sweet and fragrant strawberries are one of my favorite tastes of spring. We anxiously await the local berries to appear at our produce stand the first week of June…then the best of the best strawberry recipes are pulled from my files…strawberry pie dessert, no-bake strawberry cheesecake, strawberry shortcake, strawberry waffle cake and even my favorite spinach salad topped with sliced ripe berries. So when the Sunday Supper crew decided on the “Spring” theme this week, I knew a strawberry dessert was in order.
Making parfaits is painfully simple…there are no rules, just alternate layers of the whipped filling, red currant jelly and sweetened chopped strawberries. I made two large parfaits, but this recipe could easily serve 4. There is a bit of a learning curve on how to make clean pretty layers, and I’m not quite there yet. A damp paper towel is helpful in wiping any splatters from the inside of your container, but (at least in my family) when a dessert is so incredibly decadent and delicious, a more rustic presentation is just fine!
The warm weather is creeping in (well, maybe not in Indiana) and our first day of Spring, March 20th, is right around the corner! Let’s warm up around the table with our friends from our #SundaySupper team and share delicious springtime recipes! Whether it’s St. Patrick’s Day green, green food or spring inspired, our group sure has a menu to please your taste buds!
Green and Spring Dishes Menu Includes:
- Baked Eggs with Shaved Asparagus and Proscuitto by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Shrimp and Leek Quiche by Gourmet Drizzles
- Spinach and Cheddar Quiche for St. Patrick’s Day Brunch by Supper For A Steal
- Asparagus and Spring Onion Frittatta by Country Girl in the Village
- Egg Bake with Spring Onions, Asparagus and Artichokes by The Wimpy Vegetarian
Apps, Bread, Salads, Soups and Dressings:
- Strawberry, Avocado, Spinach Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette by Daily Dish Recipes
- Asparagus Gazpacho by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Spinach Bacon Salad by In The Kitchen with Audrey
- Anchovy and Egg Salad by Pescetarian Journal
- Sweet and Sour Cabbage Soup by Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Asparagus Red Pepper Salad by No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- White Asparagus & Salmon Spring Salad by Family Foodie
- Chicken-Strawberry Field Green Salad w/Strawberry Balsamic Dressing by The Weekend Gourmet
- Bacon & Egg Spring Salad by Daddy Knows Less
- Green Garbanzo Hummus by Soni’s Food
Main and Sides:
- Pea Shoot Risotto by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Creamy Meyer Lemon Pasta by Juanita’s Cocina
- Sweet Ginger Scallion Noodles by What Smells So Good?
- Asparagus Pesto w/Heirloom Fingerlings and Orecchiette by Webicurean
- Coddle for St. Patrick’s Day by Noshing With The Nolands
- Corned Beef Cabbage Rolls by Curious Cuisiniere
- Brown Butter Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta and Crispy Shallots by Hip Foodie Mom
- Raw Cucumber Sandwich with Avocado and Spinach Sauce by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Berry Tacos by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Asparagus and Prosciutto Bundles by Diabetic Foodie
- Caramelized Grapes and Brie Whole Wheat Galette by Vintage Kitchen
- Pink Water Kimchi (Nabak Kimchi) by Kimchi Mom
- Irish Coffee Ice Cream with Caramel Whiskey Sauce by 30A Eats
- Coconut Raspberry Layer Cake by Gotta Get Baked
- Fresh Mango Berry Mousse With Coconut Cream by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Chocolate Mint Brownies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Strawberry Sorbet by Magnolia Days
- Cadbury Creme Egg Pull-Apart Sweet Rolls by Chocolate Moosey
- Strawberry Cheesecake Parfaits by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Meyer Lemon Ice Cream Sandwiches by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Lemon Roll Cake by The Ninja Baker
- Candied Flowers by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Lemon Citrus Cookies by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Mini Fruit Tarts by Big Bear’s Wife
- Faux Fried Ice Cream by Neighborfood
- Watergate Salad by Cupcakes and Pearls Blog
- Good-for-You Strawberry Tiramisu Cheesecake Cups by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Wines to Pair with Springtime #SundaySupper Dishes by ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Please be sure you join us on Twitter throughout the day during #SundaySupper. We’ll be meeting up at 7:00 p.m. EST for our weekly #Sunday Supper live chat where we’ll talk about our favorite Spring recipes!
All you have to do is follow the #SundaySupper hashtag, or you can follow us through TweetChat!Print
Strawberry Cheesecake Parfaits
Looking for an easy, no-bake summer dessert? These sublime Strawberry Cheesecake Parfaits celebrate the best of the berry season!
- 4 ounces cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 cup heavy cream (whipped)
- Approximately 1/3 cup red currant jelly
- 8-12 ounces fresh strawberries (chopped and sweetened to taste with sugar (I used 2 tablespoons))
- 2-4 whole strawberries for garnish
- Mix cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and lemon juice, till creamy. Mix in the well whipped cream. Set aside.
- Gently melt the jelly in the microwave and pass through a sieve if needed for a smooth consistency. Cool slightly.
- Use 2-4 glasses, depending on size of dessert you desire, and start layering the ingredients starting with the cream, then the jelly, then the strawberries. Repeat and end with a layer of cream and garnish with a whole berry (mine were huge so I cut in half).