Strawberry Cheesecake Lush Dessert
While the berries are ripe and juicy, it’s time to whip up this exquisite Strawberry Cheesecake Lush Dessert!! There’s no baking involved in making this dreamy recipe that’s perfect for summer dining!
Strawberry Cheesecake Lush
I’ve been seeing “lush” recipes all over the Internet. I’m not exactly sure what a lush is, but they all seem to be dreamy, creamy, no-bake fruit desserts. I’d say the majority have whipped topping and many use pudding mixes. The temptation to make a luscious “lush” dessert has been gnawing away at me all summer. Especially after drooling over these 21 No Bake Layered Dessert Lush Recipes! Plus, any dessert where you don’t have to turn on the oven, like this Peanut Butter Cookie Lasagna, is perfect for summer. No-bake desserts are wonderful for those sultry days.
I decided to try my hand on a Cool Whip and pudding free version, hoping it would be tasty enough to deserve the “lush” title. With such beautiful summer berries available, I started experimenting with a strawberry cheesecake lush! It turned out to be heaven on a plate! The hubby gave this Strawberry Cheesecake Lush his seal of approval, too. If you love strawberry desserts as much as I do, check out this retro Mile High Strawberry Pie recipe, too.
What Is a Lush?
If you’re like me, a lush is someone who enjoys drinking a bit too much. But in the culinary world, a lush is a dessert that wasn’t around, or at least wasn’t called a lush, when I was a child. Typically, a lush is an unbaked dessert that’s similar to what you might know as a dessert lasagna, icebox dessert or no-bake pudding cake. It’s layered starting with a graham cracker or cookie crust, pudding, and whipped cream or Cool Whip.
Tips for Making a No-Bake Lush Dessert
- My inspiration for this strawberry cheesecake lush used Cool Whip, but I prefer less processed ingredients so used a substitute made of real whipped cream and cream cheese.
- For a summer, no-bake dessert, do not bake the crust. It’s not as firm as if it had spent some time in the oven, but it also can be baked and cooled before proceeding with the recipe. Bake at 350º for about 10 minutes.
- To make the filling, the cream cheese must be at room temperature for the best results. It will mix with the other ingredients much better when soft.
- On the other hand, the whipped cream will whip best when both the cream and the bowl are well chilled.
- An offset spatula is the perfect tool for spreading even layers.
- For company, have fresh strawberries to garnish each slice!
More Summer Dessert Recipes You’ll Love:
- Homemade Snow Cone Syrup from Love Bakes Good Cakes
- Mini Cherry Almond Galettes from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Summer Fruit Dessert Pizza from Big Bear’s Wife
- Mixed Berry Torte
- Vanilla Panna Cotta with Strawberry Gelee
- Berry Topped Chocolate Silk Tart
- Strawberry Cheesecake Parfaits
- Favorite Summer Recipes
- Strawberry Pie Dessert
- Fresh Strawberry Tartlets
- More of the Best Dessert Recipes
Products Used to Make This Strawberry Cheesecake Lush:
Strawberry Cheesecake Lush Dessert
An exquisite layered strawberry dessert. Adapted from numerous recipes including Small Town Woman.
- 2 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 16 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup sour cream
- 4 ½ cups strawberries, divided (1 ½ cups chopped and 3 cups sliced)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Spray 9 x 13 pan with non-stick cooking spray. Mix together crust ingredients and press onto the bottom of the pan. Chill.
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, mix cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until light and creamy. Fold in sour cream and chopped strawberries. Spread over crust. Freeze for an hour to allow the filling to firm up.
- Layer sliced strawberries over the filling.
- Whip cream with powdered sugar and vanilla and spread over berries. Serve chilled.
I did not bake the crust, so it was rather crumbly. If you'd like a firmer crust, bake it at 350 degrees for about 8-10 minutes. Cool before adding toppings.
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 226Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 135mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 2g
24 Comments on “Strawberry Cheesecake Lush Dessert”
This looks delicious, Liz. And, you know I am always looking for easy. Graham crackers are my favorite thing in the world (what I would take to a deserted island) I always have an inventory of 4 boxes. Just need to pick up cream cheese and strawberries and I’m in business.
Oh, Liz this is one good looking treat! I’ve been away from blogging for a few weeks and I am loving this lush treat. Can’t wait to check out more of them!
Nice to have a new version of an old summer favorite! Thanks!
This lush is truly luscious! It looks creamy and dreamy, Liz. You definitely hit it out of the park on your first try!
I love strawberry desserts. This one looks yummy.
Liz, you make the BEST desserts. And this cheesecake looks so pretty and delicious. I bet it tastes divine. Perfect for summer parties.
OK I have not seen the word lush at all but I am loving it. chesecake with sour cream and strawberries. Looks so great and summery.
This no bake cheesecake sounds delicious. It is nice to not have to turn on the oven in the summer.
I knew this recipe was for me when I saw “lush” in the title, because I’lm a lush, and “dessert,” because that’s all I ever eat. Honestly, though, it looks beautiful.
Lush, indeed. There’s no better way to use some fresh summer fruit. (Great prizes, too!)
Liz, you always have the prettiest and delicious desserts ever…and this one is another winner..no oven and so easy. Thanks for the recipe!
Enjoy the rest of your week 🙂
This looks delicious Liz, love that it is no bake dessert and it has your husband’s approval;)
Yum! I have all the ingredients, so I am very tempted to make this tonight 😉
I love no bake desserts. This looks beautiful and summery, Liz.
One of my favorite cheesecakes! Luscious indeed! Bookmarked! Thanks, Liz. Have a great day! 🙂
I think your version looks beyond luscious. Lush with all capital letters! Beautiful too!
This looks great, just the perfect pudding for summer.
This is gorgeous (as always!) These are my kind of desserts and I want to win a prize. lol 😉
this looks wonderful I think I have everything but the sour cream got to make this ASAP!
Sounds like a great week and I love this yummy dessert! Thanks Liz!