Roll out the red carpet as awards season has arrived. These Raspberry Brie Bites will steal the show at your Academy Awards viewing party!
Raspberry Brie Bites
My absolute favorite baked brie (ignore the appalling, shadowy photos!!!) is topped with fresh raspberries, jam and a bit of rosemary before being wrapped in buttery puff pastry and baked. When I have leftovers from a party, Bill is delighted to help himself to a pre-dinner nibble. Not a crumb ever goes to waste. With the Academy Awards approaching, I dreamed about a bite sized version. My first attempt was with puff pastry shells, but they were a greasy mess. Tasty, but not ideal for finger food.
Wonton Skins to the Rescue
I took a cue from my Mini Mexican Tarts and utilized wonton skins for the shells. Lightly oiling the mini muffin tin helped the exteriors brown and made for an easy release. Mine may have been underbaked slightly, but they still tasted marvelous. Adjust your baking time so that your shells are golden. I divided my Brie into 12 even-ish pieces that were small enough to fit in the base of the shells. The cheese was easily molded when necessary. Topped with a dollop of doctored up jam and baked till browned, these cheesy nibbles made for an easy elegant starter. This small batch recipe disappeared in record time. I know you’ll be happily surprised at this extraordinary flavor combination!!Print
Raspberry Brie Bites
Easy wonton shells filled with brie and jam make for an easy elegant appetizer
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 27 minutes
- Yield: 12 tarts
- Category: Appetizer
- 12 wonton skins
- vegetable oil
- 8 ounces Brie, rind removed
- 1/4 cup raspberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons fresh raspberries, plus more to garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon minced rosemary
- Preheat oven to 375º. Grease 12 slots of mini muffin tin with vegetable oil. Insert one wonton skin in each slot, forming a cup.
- Cut brie into pieces that will fit into bottom of each cup. Save scraps to nibble on.
- Mix preserves, fresh raspberries and rosemary. Place approximately 1/2 teaspoon on top of each piece of brie.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or till shells are nicely browned. Cool slightly, then remove from tin and garnish with berries if desired.