Classic Pimm’s Cup Cocktail
Have you heard of the Classic Pimm’s Cup Cocktail? This quintessential British cocktail was perfect for my Indian-themed book club this month!
This Pimm’s Drink is refreshing with flavors of gin, citrus, and herbs. Introduce your friends to a new summer beverage.
Why You Must Make
I am hosting an upcoming book club meeting with an Indian theme and have been searching for a fun cocktail. I was striking out until someone mentioned how a British drink like a Pimm’s Cup would be apropos.
- It’s perfect for any summer gathering, watching tennis or cricket, or with a British or Indian-themed meal.
- If you’re a self-trained mixologist, this Pimm’s cocktail may be a new drink for you to try!
- Or if you’re just curious about Pimm’s, here’s a great way to try it out!
- Orange Slices – Cut in halves or quarters
- Lemon Slices – Cut in half
- English Cucumber Slices
- Mint Sprigs
- Pimm’s No. 1 – A gin-based liquor that’s sweet and herbal with slightly bitter undertones.
- Sprite – Or another lemon-lime soda
How to Make a Pimm’s Cup
You don’t need to add a complicated beverage to the menu when hosting a big group. This Pimm’s Cup couldn’t be simpler. Just mix Pimm’s and soda like Sprite or Gingerale (or lemonade) and garnish. All you need to remember are 2 ingredients and the proper proportions. I like the 1:2 ratio of Pimm’s to soda, but 1:3 is also popular. Serve over ice and start sipping. Cheers!
Frequently Asked Questions
Pimms No. 1 is an alcoholic beverage invented in London in the mid-1800s by an oyster bar owner named James Pimm. It’s 50-proof gin infused with herby botanicals, bitter orange along with other spices. Popular in England it’s served at Wimbledon and also quite popular in New Orleans.
At first, it was sold as a health tonic and was sold to help with digestion. Now it’s a well-loved summer cocktail that’s loaded with fruit and served on ice. It’s a refreshing way to cool down on a hot day.
You May Also Like
- Book Club Menu
- White Wine Sangria
- Grand Marnier Mimosas
- Brazilian Caipirinha Cocktail
- Plus more of my Cocktail Recipes you might enjoy!
Stay in touch through social media @ Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Don’t forget to tag me when you try one of my recipes! And if you love the results, please give it a 5-star rating in the recipe card. Note: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Visit my Amazon Store for my favorite products.
- Orange slices, cut in halves or quarters
- Lemon slices, cut in half
- English cucumber slices
- Mint sprigs
- 2 ounces Pimm's No. 1
- 4 ounces Sprite or other lemon-lime soda
- For each glass, place a mint sprig in the bottom. Add one shot of Pimm's for every two shots of Sprite. Mix and add garnishes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 314Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 52mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 1gSugar: 56gProtein: 1g