I packed up this Oreo Cheesecake with Oreo Cookie Crust and brought it to my youngest and his roommates. Rich and creamy, it was the perfect distraction while studying for their boards.
Growing up, I don’t think we ever had Oreos in the house. But after I got married, they became a staple in our kitchen. So when I spotted this Oreo Cheesecake recipe, I knew it would please the cheesecake loving daughter and the Oreo addicted hubby.
Oreo Cheesecake with Oreo Cookie Crust
Plus, we were taking Nick and one of his roommates out to dinner down on the Indiana University campus in Bloomington, so it gave me an excuse to make a calorie laden dessert. Those boys have good metabolism! And Oreo desserts are a guaranteed hit!
Once upon a time, it used to be a package of regular Oreos that was always on hand, then came the Double Stuf Oreos, and now even Mega Stuf can be found in our pantry. Not a fan of these cream filled chocolate sandwich cookies, I do admit to loving an Oreo cookie crust! And it’s even a bigger bonus when there’s a rich, creamy cheesecake over that irresistible crust.
Nick’s roommate dived right into this Oreo cheesecake as soon as we returned from the restaurant. He paused after a couple bites, smiled and uttered a compliment before returning to his dessert. Nick asked if I was trying to make him fat! He likes to exercise like his mother, so I wasn’t too concerned! If you need a luscious, decadent dessert for an Oreo lover in your life, this is the one to try!
More Oreo Treats:
- Chocolate Covered Oreo Fudge from Barefeet in the Kitchen
- Oreo White Chocolate Fudge from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Brownie Oreo Ice Cream Bars from Chelsea’s Messy Apron
- Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Easy Oreo Pancakes Recipe from She Wears Many Hats
Tips for Making this Cheesecake:
- As with all cheesecakes, they bake up smoother when all ingredients are at room temperature. Get the eggs, sour cream, and cream cheese out of the refrigerator at least an hour before you start mixing the batter.
- Using your stand mixer fit with the paddle attachment will prevent air from being whipped into the batter, making the resulting cheesecake super smooth and dense.
- I baked this first without a ban marie, or water bath. I had a nice big crack in the middle. Of course, it didn’t hamper the taste one bit. And the crack can always be hidden with a few crumbled Oreos or a drizzle of fudge sauce!
- Garnish this cheesecake any which way you wish. I used some chocolate frosting and some whipped cream to pipe stars around the perimeter, then topped each with a mini Oreo.
Two Sweetie Pies
Thanks again to my lovely friend, Danielle, for another magnificent recipe! She is my go-to blogger for decadent treats. I promise you will love whatever you try from her blog!!! We share a recipe from each other’s sites every second Monday of the month.
- 36 Oreos, divided
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs at room temperature
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a food processor, process 26 cookies to form fine crumbs. Mix crushed cookies with butter; press onto bottom and 2 inches up side of 9-inch springform pan. Wrap sides of pan with foil.
In a stand mixer fit with the paddle attachment (or use hand mixer), beat cream cheese and sugar to blend. Add sour cream and vanilla. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended. Stir in chopped Oreos. Pour into crust.
Place cheesecake in a roasting pan or other large pan and carefully pour hot water into the pan until it reaches an inch or two up the side of the pan.
Bake 1 hour or until center is almost set. Run a knife around rim of pan to loosen cake. Cool on rack and then chill overnight.
Remove rim after chilling. Garnish as desired (I used whipped cream and mini Oreos)
Recipe adapted from Philadelphia Cream Cheese.
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 386Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 104mgSodium: 283mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 22gProtein: 6g