These Cheesy Chipotle Chicken Quesadillas are the epitome of comfort food! Full of gooey cheese, a bit of spice and tender chicken, they’re a fantastic snack or meal!
Cheesy Chipotle Chicken Quesadillas
Using leftover chicken, these cheesy chipotle chicken quesadillas can be whipped up in minutes! I don’t know why quesadillas are off my meal rotation radar. Gobbled up by the family, and I don’t even break a sweat in the kitchen!
Super easy, highly adaptable to what’s in your refrigerator, and always a hit. Who doesn’t love biting into gooey cheese??? We’re also loving this Brie BLT for an easy delicious twist on the classic sandwich!
The Versatile Cheese Quesadilla
There are no rules here. I used Monterey jack cheese, but cheddar would be just as delicious! Leftover chicken from the night before can be shredded or you can roast a couple chicken breasts in the morning, then shred them at dinner time. Rotisserie chicken is one of the easiest options.
In the summer, grill and extra ear of corn for a nice smoky addition to the veggie mix. If you don’t want to buy a can of chipotles in adobo sauce for just the one or two called for in this recipe, substitute fresh or even pickled jalapenos. Don’t want heat? A sprinkle of cumin and/or chili powder will provide some Tex-Mex flavors without being overly spicy!
Making these on a grill pan or panini makergives fun grill marks, but these are just as delicious cooked on an old fashioned skillet. So the main message is that quesadillas, especially cheesy chipotle chicken quesadillas, make a super easy, adaptable weeknight meal!
More Quesadilla Recipes:
- Spicy Pork Quesadillas from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Spinach and Artichoke Chicken Quesadillas from Big Bear’s Wife
- Jalapeno Popper Quesadillas from Real Housemoms
- Shrimp Quesadillas from The Little Kitchen
- Corn and Zucchini Quesadillas from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Cheesy Dinner Ideas
Today, I’m sharing cheesy dishes that you’ll want on your dinner table ASAP! Which one would you make first?
Cheesy Appetizers and Sides
- Guinness and Caramelized Onion Cheese Ball by Palatable Pastime
- Irish Nachos with Beer Cheese Sauce by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Cheesy Main Courses
- Bacon Macaroni and Cheese by Sunday Supper Movement
- Cheddar Cheese Souffle by Pies and Plots
- Cheesy Cheeseburgers by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Cheesy Spaghetti Stuffed Meatloaf by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Chipotle Chicken Quesadillas by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Easy Cheesy Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes by My Fearless Kitchen
- Easy Chicken Parmesan Skillet by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Lemon Risotto with Asparagus and Zucchini by Caroline’s Cooking
- Vegan Stuffed Shells by From the Bookshelf
Cheesy Chipotle Chicken Quesadilla
Loaded Quesadillas with red bell peppers, onions, corn, and gooey Monterey jack cheese
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Appetizer, Entree
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 medium white onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4-1/2 cup roasted corn (I cook kernels in a grill pan)
- 2 large chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (you can use rotisserie chicken, but may need to supplement with dark meat)
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced (or use a small minced fresh jalapeno)
- 12 ounces Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Fresh cilantro, minced, to taste
Add olive oil to a saute pan and turn heat to medium. Add red bell pepper and onion and cook until onion is translucent. Add garlic and cook for another minute. Remove from heat and add to a mixing bowl.
Add olives, corn, and shredded chicken. Toss to combine.
Place one tortilla on the saute pan, top with a quarter of the vegetable and chicken mixture, some of the minced chipotle and a quarter of the cheese. Sprinkle with cilantro if desired.
Top with second tortilla and cook over medium heat until the cheese starts to melt. Carefully flip and cook until filling is hot and tortilla is browned.
Cut into quarters to serve. Pass with with sour cream, salsa, or guacamole if desired.
- Calories: 848kcal
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 1365mg
- Fat: 47g
- Saturated Fat: 21g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 55g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 52g
- Cholesterol: 145mg