Shamrock Shooters with Creme de Menthe are a grownup shamrock shake! But leave out the liqueur and they’re perfect for the whole family!
These shamrock shooters echo the flavors of the Grasshopper Pie I make every 4th of July. My kids ALL love mint desserts. We’ll ignore the hubby’s opinion as he’s like Mikey, he hates everything (or so it seems some days!). Instead of the whipped cream and marshmallow cream used in the pie, I added vanilla ice cream to the blender along with some milk, peppermint extract, and the requisite creme de menthe! Green food coloring doesn’t hurt, especially when you’re serving these frozen delights for St. Patrick’s Day!
Mini Peppermint Shakes
As a non-alcoholic option, the creme de menthe can be eliminated and green food coloring and a smidgen of peppermint extract will supply the needed components for a green minty shake. Do you like peppermint flavored treats? What’s your favorite??
Adapting These Shamrock Shooters
- Double the recipe to make two full sized milk shakes.
- Leave out the creme de menthe for a non-alcoholic or children’s version.
- Peppermint extract is very intense. Don’t be tempted to add any extra without sampling first.
- Top with sweetened whipped cream for the ultimate shamrock shake experience along with shamrock and green sugar sprinkles. You might also like to add a drop or two of peppermint extract to the cream.
- Use any small glasses to serve, like shot glasses, cordial glasses. The number of servings will vary depending on the size of your glasses.
More Peppermint Recipes You’ll Love:
- Mint Chocolate Chip Truffles from Shugary Sweets
- Grasshopper Cheesecake Bars from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies from The Food Charlatan
- Creme de Menthe Cake from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Easy No Bake White Chocolate Thin Mints from The View from Great Island
Shamrock Shooters with Creme de Menthe
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Cuisine: Dessert
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup milk (I used whole milk)
- Green food coloring (up to 10 drops or until color is saturated to your liking)
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1–2 tablespoons creme de menthe liqueur, optional
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Green sprinkles, optional
Place the ice cream, milk, food coloring, extract and creme de menthe (if using) in a blender. Process just until smooth. Pour into shooter glassed and top with whipped cream and sprinkles. Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Epicurious.com.
- Calories: 61kcal
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 26mg
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 12mg