Oreo Chocolate Chip Bars
Oreo Chocolate Chip Bars are a cinch to prepare and loaded with chocolate chips and Oreo chunks for a delicious party in your mouth with every single bite!
Oreo Chocolate Chip Bars
You know you’ve hit a home run when your hubby comes home from a work dinner at a fancy-schmancy restaurant, but didn’t have dessert because of the “brownies” at home. These rich and chewy Oreo Chocolate Chip Bars took only minutes to whip up, but were memorable enough to trump the eatery’s sweets menu.
And if you’re searching for something even MORE chocolaty, I have some outrageously delicious Chocolate Oreo Gooey Bars for you to check out!
Hugs and Cookies XOXO
It’s that time again! On the second Monday of the month, Danielle, my blogger friend from Hugs and Cookies, and I bake up a dish from each other’s blogs. Most of the time, I’ll zero in on a chocolate laden treat, so it’s probably no surprise that I’ve picked out a chocolate chip cookie bar to share. And with our pantry always stocked with a good supply of Oreos for the hubby and our kids, their addition in this recipe clinched the deal.
I love making cookie bars. They are quicker and easier than scooping out all that cookie dough onto numerous baking sheets. Instead, the dough is just packed into a 9 x 13 pan and popped into the oven for 20+ minutes. The hard part is waiting for them to cool before cutting a big slice! The key to these, and most cookies, is to slightly underbake them for a dense, chewy texture. My hubby has certified these bars as terrific…one of his highest ratings!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3.4 ounce box of instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 16 Oreo cookies, each broken into 4 pieces
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line 9 x 13 pan with non-stick foil or use regular foil and spray with Pam or other non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixer, beat butter and both sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. Add the pudding and beat until fluffy.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix until just combined. Stir the chocolate.
- Scape the dough into the prepared pan and smooth top with offset spatula.
- Bake 20-22 minutes.They will look slightly underdone. Remove to cooling rack.
- Cool a few hours before cutting.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 203Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 204mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 1gSugar: 23gProtein: 3g
Adapted From Six Sisters’ Stuff
Check out Danielle’s take on this recipe here as well as her social media sites!