These chewy, decadent Milky Way Chocolate Chip Cookies are filled with chunks of one of my family’s favorite candy bars!
Milky Way Chocolate Chip Cookies
I’m back again with the monthly installment of Two Sweetie Pies. I bake up one of the decadent desserts from Danielle’s sweet as sugar blog, Hugs and Cookies XOXO ,and she tries out one of mine. After veering off the chocolate path last month, I’m back on track. I took her chocolate chip laden cookies with Snickers chunks and made a Milky Way version for my nut avoiding family. Oldest son, Tom, requested a few treats to take to a weekend cookout, so I sent him with these Milky Way Chocolate Chip Cookies and a Cherry Clafoutis (needed to expose those twenty-somethings to a rustic French dessert). I set a few aside for the family in residence to sample. Of course, they sampled, raved, then griped that I didn’t save more!
Hugs & Cookies
Be sure to head over to Danielle’s blog to see what recipe of mine she made this month. You’re certain to be inspired by all her marvelous sweets and you’ll even find some excellent gluten free recipes she makes for her hubby.
Check out the other goodies I’ve made from Danielle’s Blog:Print
Milky Way Chocolate Chip Cookies #TwoSweetiePies
Chewy chocolate chip cookies with chunks of Milky Way candy bars! Adapted from Hugs&CookiesXOXO
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 2 dozen cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert, Cookies
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt (or 1/2 teaspoon table salt)
- 1 (12 oz) bag mini semi-sweet chocolate chips or regular chips
- 12 mini or 8 Fun-size Milky Way candy bars, chopped, then frozen
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and sugars. Mix in eggs and vanilla.
- Add in flour, baking powder and soda and salt. Mix till combined.Fold in all chocolate chips and Milky Ways.
- For a rounded tablespoon sized cookie bake 8-10 minutes. If some of the caramel has oozed out of the cookie, use a sharp knife to scrape the excess away from the cookie before they cool.
Total time does not include freezing or cooling times.