With three kinds of chocolate chunks and nutty brown butter, these Brown Butter Chocolate Chunk Bars are an extraordinary treat! So delicious and so easy to make!
Brown Butter Chocolate Chunk Bars
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Her Ooey Gooey Chocolate Chunk Bars looked perfect. Bill was driving home from visiting his parents in Illinois as a wicked spring blizzard was hitting the Midwest. Knowing he’d be white knuckling it the whole distance (or maybe it was me that would be the nervous Nellie), I wanted to have some fresh from the oven, chocolate treat waiting for him. I tweaked them slightly by browning my butter, then cooling it, and adding milk chocolate, semi sweet chocolate and white chocolate chunks…Danielle used all dark chocolate. Feel free to use your favorite chocolates chunks or chips…these will be fantastic any which way you make this twist on Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars!
If these chocolate chunk bars are right up your alley, you’ll love these, too: Double Chocolate Chunk Bars, Toffee and White Chocolate Chunk Cookies, Chewy Cherry Chocolate Chunk Cookies, Quadruple Chocolate Cookies, and Death by Chocolate Cookies.
- 2 sticks butter (browned, then cooled to room temperature)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces chopped chocolate (I used 4 ounces milk chocolate, 4 ounces semisweet chocolate and 4 ounces white chocolate)
- Line 9 x 13 pan with nonstick foil or regular foil sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside. Preheat oven to 350º.
- Cream butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla and mix till combined. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt. Mix in chocolate chunks (reserve a few pieces to garnish the top).
- Press dough into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Cool, then cut.
Recipe adapted from Hugs & Cookies XOXO
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 244 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 39mg Sodium: 220mg Carbohydrates: 30g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 19g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 3g