Individual Tiramisu Parfaits are a luscious, layered version of a classic Italian dessert. Everyone gets one of their own mini desserts.
This Easy Tiramisu Recipe is a treat you might want to think about making in to go cups. They’re just that delicious!
Individual Tiramisu Parfaits
I was watching an episode of The Chew a few weeks back. A mother and daughter had a Tiramisu showdown. The mom shared her traditional Italian version and her daughter showcased a more modern twist.
I recreated the winner’s updated recipe. Using the harder, more cookie-like lady fingers was new for me. I also loved the addition of Kahlua and Frangelico liqueurs. Plus the daughter’s layered presentation was definitely more enticing than a dish full of mystery dessert sprinkled with cocoa powder.
Easy Tiramisu Recipe
Tom, my oldest, is a coffee/mocha dessert lover like his mama, but the hubby, well, not so much. With Tom living downtown, he’s happy to schlep home any leftover desserts to share with his roomies. But I didn’t plan ahead with these puppies. Tom did come by twice to get his fill of tiramisu, but the last one sat untouched in the fridge.
My willpower was holding and hubby had a stash of Oreos. Next time Tom will get the whole batch of this super easy tiramisu recipe.
Tip of the Day (for making safe Tiramisu)
Tip of the day: Did you know you can buy pasteurized eggs? These are heated just enough to kill any salmonella which can be lingering on AND in raw eggs. So if you’re feeding a dish with raw eggs as an ingredient to the elderly, very young or immune-suppressed, it’s wise to use a pasteurized product. Safest Choice is the brand I can find locally.
Things you may need for this Tiramisu recipe:
If you adore tiramisu, try this decadent Tiramisu Cheesecake!
- 24 lady fingers, crushed (use the harder biscuit lady fingers instead of the sponge cake lady fingers) 1 1/2 cups coffee
- 9 ounces Mascarpone cheese
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup milk
- 5 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons Kahlua (or any coffee liqueur), divided
- 3 tablespoons Frangelico (or any hazelnut liqueur)
- Cocoa powder, to serve
- Mix together milk, coffee, 2 tablespoons Kahlua and 4 tablespoons of sugar in a bowl. Add the crushed lady fingers to soak.
- Beat together egg yolks and remaining tablespoon of sugar. Add the mascarpone cheese, remaining Kahlua and Frangelico.
- With a hand or stand mixer, whip egg whites until stiff peaks form, then gently fold into the mascarpone mixture.
- Spoon half of the soaked lady fingers between 8 ramekins, then top with a layer of the mascarpone mixture. Add a second layer of the soaked lady fingers and top with more mascarpone mixture Smooth tops. Cover each with a dusting of cocoa powder. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving.
Recipe adapted from The Chew
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0 Total Fat: 0g