Fudgy Mocha Brownies
Did you know coffee intensifies the flavor of chocolate? Add from a touch of espresso powder to a tablespoon to make dreamy Fudgy Mocha Brownies.
One-Bowl Fudgy Mocha Brownies
I used my very favorite fudgy brownie recipe, which uses only one bowl, to create a made to order mocha brownie. For folks like my hubby, who don’t want to taste the coffee flavor at all, add just a teaspoon of espresso powder. It’s enough to bring out the chocolate intensity with only a hint of coffee.
If you’re a little more daring, add 2 teaspoons. And for those who want a true mocha flavor, feel free to add a full tablespoon or more! I brought a plate of these to our local CBS affiliate on National Coffee Day. No one ever says no to a brownie, especially mocha brownies!
Tips for Cutting Perfect Brownies
Here are my tips for making and cutting brownies. Give them a try with these Fudgy Mocha Brownies.
- Do not overmix if you want fudgy brownies. I don’t use a mixer, just a wooden spoon or rubber spatula to stir.
- Line your pan with non-stick foil which makes a sling so you can pull the brownies out of the pan when they’re cool. Since it’s non-stick, it peels right off.
- Chill your brownies in the refrigerator before cutting or freeze for about an hour. I like to use a hot, dry knife or a plastic disposable knife. See which works best for you. You can bring the brownies back to room temperature to serve if desired.
- If you’re going to stack your brownies, dip the bottoms into granulated sugar. This prevents them from sticking to each other. See the Fudgy Mocha Brownies above for details.
Here are a Few More Brownie Recipes You’ll Love:
- Palm Beach Mocha Brownies
- Fudgy Brownie Pie
- Refrigerator Brownies
- Fudgy Kahlua Brownies
- Ganache Topped Truffle Brownies
- Fudgy Chocolate Brownies
- More Homemade Brownies Recipes
Fudgy Mocha Brownies
Easy, one bowl fudgy brownies with a dose of espresso powder
- 1 stick butter, plus more for pan
- 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1-3 teaspoons of instant espresso powder, depending on desired taste
- 1 1/2 c sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 t vanilla
- 3/4 c flour
- 1/4 t salt
- Sugar, to dip bottom of brownies, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350º. Butter an 8" square baking pan. Line the pan with non-stick foil, leaving a 1" overhang on two sides. Set aside. Place butter and chocolate in microwave-safe bowl and microwave gently until butter and chocolate are melted (30 seconds x 3, stirring in between sessions). Add espresso powder and mix to combine. Let cool to room temperature.
- Stir sugar into chocolate till combined. Whisk in eggs one at a time, then vanilla. Fold in flour and salt. Bake until a cake tester comes out of the center with just a few moist crumbs, 40-45 min. Cool completely on rack. Chill if desired for easier cutting. Lift the brownies out of pan using the foil. Cut into 2-inch squares. May dip bottoms in granulated sugar to stack.
For easy cutting, freeze for one hour first or chill in the refrigerator till cold.
Serving Size:1 brownie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 253Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 134mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 1gSugar: 27gProtein: 3g
15 Comments on “Fudgy Mocha Brownies”
I don’t know about Panos (that’s a lie I know he’ll love it), but I will stuff my self with that:) This is like a gift to me, thank you dear Liz! Can’t wait to try this one!
Your tips are so great Liz and anytime I slice bars I always think of you.
Both my husband and myself don’t drink coffee, but my husband loooooooooooves mocha flavor!
These brownies are definitely for him 🙂 They looks rich and moist, and they’re so easy to make 🙂
I’m going to surprise him 🙂
Thank you Liz!
Anything coffee + chocolate is my kind of dessert. What fabulous brownies!
I love your tips. I would never have thought to dip the brownies in sugar to prevent sticking.
Oh my word, these look amazing. I just made chocolate cupcakes with a splash of coffee, you’re right, it totally brings out the chocolate flavor in an amazing way! Thanks for all the great tips too Liz!
I love a hint of coffee in the chocolate desserts! You are totally right – it does intensify the chocolate flavor! These look absolutely delicious!
Just when I think there isn’t another mouth watering brownie out there, you come up with a winner! I love adding a little espresso powder to my chocolate desserts or even a pinch of cayenne or cinnamon, both just to enhance flavour but not out right taste it. Love the dipping in granulated sugar, it looks so pretty and festive.
These sound wonderful and your tips are very interesting. Saying hi from Cape Town, South Africa.
Coffee is good.. I don’t remember if I tried making mocha brownies before..if not have to try these 😀
One bowl brownies are God’s gift to busy moms and wives! Undoubtedly brownies blessed with espresso from the TV star were appreciated. Happy Thanksgiving!
I don’t drink coffee, but I love the baked goods, esp. chocolate ones, flavoured with coffee. These look scrumptious!
Have a great holiday season!
Sounds like a great brownie! Happy Thanksgiving Liz-enjoy:@)