These Fudge and Toffee Filled Chocolate Chip Bars will dazzle all the chocolate fanatics in your life! They’ll beg for the recipe!
Toffee lovers will swoon with each bite of these fudge and toffee laden bars. All you’ll need is a small, decadent square to satisfy your cravings!
Fudge and Toffee Filled Chocolate Chip Bars
I had to get these Fudge and Toffee Filled Chocolate Chip Bars out of the house ASAP. As I trimmed the edges of these decadent bars before taking photos, I sampled. And then sampled some more.
It was the bit of crunch from the Heath bar chunks that made these so irresistible. Well, that and the huge fudgy center layer. I had to stop before I slipped into a glucose induce coma! I took these treats up to Michigan to share with some childhood friends. There were rave reviews.
Decadent with a Capital D
Beware, these are rich. A thin layer of chocolate chip cookie dough is topped with a combination of melted chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk. Next comes the Heath bar chunks followed by dollops of more chocolate chip cookie dough.
Don’t even think about the calories. And don’t leave yourself alone with them either!!! If you like rich fudge or toffee, then these marvelous Fudge and Toffee Filled Chocolate Chip Bars will be right up your alley.
- 4 ounces butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips, 1 cup
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk (14 ounces)
- 12 ounces milk chocolate chips, 2 cups
- 4 ounces fun size Heath bars, cut into chunks
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Line an 8×8 baking dish with nonstick foil (or use regular foil and spray with cooking spray).
- Make cookie dough by creaming butter and sugar, then mixing in the egg. Mix in flour, salt, and baking soda, then chocolate chips.
- Press about ⅔ of dough into the bottom of the pan. Use offset spatula to evenly cover the bottom of the pan with dough.
- Melt chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk together until smooth.
- Spread melted chocolate over the cookie dough.
- Sprinkle Heath bar chunks over melted chocolate.
- Take spoonfuls of remaining dough and drop over chocolate layer. Carefully spread out lumps of dough with an offset spatula. It will not totally cover chocolate.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. The top should be set, and golden.
- Remove from oven to cooling rack. Cool completely before serving.
Serving Size:1 bar
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 303 Total Fat: 18g Saturated Fat: 11g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 36mg Sodium: 167mg Carbohydrates: 35g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 31g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 3g