Fudge and Toffee Filled Chocolate Chip Bars
These Fudge and Toffee Filled Chocolate Chip Bars will dazzle all the chocolate fanatics in your life! They’ll beg for the recipe for these amazing Fudge Bars!
Toffee lovers will swoon with each bite of these fudge and toffee-laden Chocolate Chip Bars. All you’ll need is a small, decadent square to satisfy your cravings!
Why You Must Make
- The thick fudge layer pushes these bars over the top!!
- A bit of crunch from the toffee pieces makes for extraordinary chocolate chip cookie bars!!
- They’re so rich, a batch will go a long way—but everyone will want just one more sliver.
I had to get these Fudge and Toffee Filled Chocolate Chip Bars out of the house ASAP. As I trimmed the edges of these decadent bars before taking photos, I sampled. And then sampled some more.
It was the bit of crunch from the Heath bar chunks that made these so irresistible. Well, that and the huge fudgy center layer. I had to stop before I slipped into a glucose-induced coma!
- Butter – I always use salted as salt enhances the flavor of all baked goods. Have it at room temperature for easy incorporation.
- Brown Sugar – Provides caramel undertones plus helps make for moist bars.
- Egg – My recipes always use large eggs unless otherwise noted. They should be at room temperature.
- Baking Soda
- Salt – I prefer table salt for baking as it’s finer and will disperse better than kosher salt.
- Flour – All-purpose
- Chocolate Chips – Semi-Sweet for the bars, Milk Chocolate for the fudge.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – A 14-ounce can
- Heath Bar Chunks – I prefer chopping my own from fun-sized or regular Heath bars, but Heath Bar Bits will work, too.
How to Make
Beware, these are rich. But that just means it will serve more. And last longer!
- Make the cookie dough, then the fudge filling.
- A thin layer of chocolate chip cookie dough is topped with a combination of melted chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk.
- Next comes a sprinkle of Heath bar chunks.
- And, finally, more chocolate chip cookie dough is dolloped and spread over the surface of the fudge.
- Bake, cool, and slice!
- Note that using an offset spatula to spread the dough across the surface will help make your bars look more like the top photo. But if your family is like mine, taste not appearance is most important!
Don’t even think about the calories. And don’t leave yourself alone with them either!!! If you like rich fudge or toffee, then these marvelous Fudge and Toffee Filled Chocolate Chip Bars will be right up your alley.
Frequently Asked Questions
Fudge Bars can be those frozen chocolate treats on a stick, AKA Fudgesicles, or cookie bars with a fudge-like component.
This recipe for fudge bars has an easy fudge recipe made with chocolate and sweetened condensed milk, layered between chocolate chip cookie dough, then baked.
These fudge bars are made of chocolate cookie dough, toffee bits, and an easy two ingredient fudge recipe.
These fudge bars can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for 3-4 days. For longer storage, wrap well in plastic wrap, then place in an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months. Defrost overnight in the refrigerator, then bring to room temperature to serve.
You May Also Like:
- Toffee Blondies from Crazy for Crust
- Candy Topped Toffee Squares
- Brookie Bars
- Chocolate Chip Caramel Butter Bars
- Best English Toffee
- Plus, make sure to check out How to Cut Perfect Cookie Bars
- More of the Best Bar Cookie Recipes
- 4 ounces butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips, 1 cup
- 1 can (14 ounces) of sweetened condensed milk
- 12 ounces milk chocolate chips, 2 cups
- 4 ounces fun size Heath bars, cut into chunks
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Line an 8×8 baking dish with nonstick foil (or use regular foil and spray with cooking spray).
- Make cookie dough by creaming butter and sugar, then mixing in the egg. Mix in flour, salt, and baking soda, then chocolate chips.
- Press about ⅔ of the dough into the bottom of the pan. Use an offset spatula to evenly cover the bottom of the pan with dough.
- Melt chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk together until smooth.
- Spread melted chocolate over the cookie dough.
- Sprinkle Heath bar chunks over melted chocolate.
- Take spoonfuls of the remaining dough and drop it over the chocolate layer. Carefully spread out lumps of dough with an offset spatula. It will not totally cover chocolate.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. The top should be set, and golden.
- Remove from oven to cooling rack. Cool completely before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 bar
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 303Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 167mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 1gSugar: 31gProtein: 3g