When you’re dreaming of a slice of French Silk Pie but don’t have the time, these easy, decadent French Silk Pie Brownies will hit the spot!
French Silk Pie Brownies
Growing up, we’d often drive to the big metropolis of Des Moines, Iowa, so my mom could get her shopping fix. Our treat for behaving was a trip to Baker’s Square for a slice of pie; their French silk won my heart. Years later, recipes like this thick and luscious French Silk Pie from Shugary Sweets inspired me to start making this dessert at home! So when I received an advance copy of my friend Haley Parker’s, new cookbook, Two in One Desserts: Cookie Pies, Cupcake Shakes, and More Clever Concoctions, I zeroed in on her luscious French Silk Pie Brownies.
So Many Clever Concoctions
Of course, the combination of fudgy brownies and French silk pie appealed to my chocoholic family. The melding of two desserts in one is the keystone of this dessert filled cookbook. You’ll find combinations you never imagined, and all these treats are super easy to make. Love brookies and ice box cakes? Then why not make the Sinful Brookie Icebox Cake? How about a Tiramisu Pie? I know I’ll be making that! Sugar Cookie Cheesecake Bars also caught my eye. Plus Haley has a wicked sense of humor and her commentary throughout the cookbook made me smile, giggle and even laugh out loud.
These French Silk Pie Brownies are a winner with a capital W! My daughter, who usually proclaims my chocolate desserts are “too chocolaty,” gobbled these up. I gave a few slices to a neighbor and she and her family swooned over every bite. Plus, she was thrilled when I shared how simple these were to create. You’ll want to order this cookbook NOW.
Haley’s marvelous cookbook hit the shelves on June 20th and is available wherever books are sold, as well as Amazon and QVC. But Haley generously gave me a second copy of Two Desserts in One to give away to one of my lovely readers. Just scroll down to the Rafflecopter and answer the required question to enter. Open to folks with a US mailing address only. Scroll to the bottom of the post to enter!
More Recipes You’ll Love:
- French Silk Cupcakes from Crazy for Crust
- French Silk Tart
- French Silk Pie Fudge from The Cookie Rookie
- Classic French Silk Pie
- No-Bake Cinnamon French Silk Pie from Wishes and Dishes
French Silk Pie Brownies
Easy Fudgy brownies with a dreamy French silk topping!
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 16 brownies
- Category: Dessert, Brownies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 box fudge brownie mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- One 4-ounce German chocolate bar, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cubed
- One 8-ounce package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- One 16-ounce tub frozen whipped topping, such as Cool-Whip, thawed
- Chocolate curls, for decorating (optional)
- Prepare and bake the brownies according to the package directions. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Microwave the German chocolate pieces and butter together in a large microwave-safe bowl on high for 30 seconds. Stir, and then melt for another 15 seconds. Stir until smooth and melted.
- Beat in the cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar until combined. Fold in half the whipped topping (8 ounces).
- Spread the French silk filling over the brownies. Top with the remaining whipped topping and garnish with chocolate curls, if using.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or until set, before cutting into squares.
I used a Cool Whip substitute made with cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar and vanilla.