Chunky Maple Coconut Granola is chock full of oats, dried fruits, and nuts and sweetened with honey and maple syrup for an outstanding breakfast or brunch!
Chunky Maple Coconut Granola
Every once in a while I succumb to my cravings. Since I am the sole granola fan in our household, I hold off for as long as I can before mixing up a tempting batch. It wouldn’t be so bad if I’d pour a half cup into a cereal bowl, douse it with milk and have my breakfast. But, nooooooo, I fill my bowl to the brim and after gobbling every morsel, I snack from the container all.day.long.
This week, I tried a new recipe from Sara Foster. This Chunky Maple Coconut Granola is sweetened with the aforementioned maple syrup and also honey, plus it is chock full of goodies like sliced almonds and a plethora of dried fruit.
A Versatile Granola Recipe
As with all granola recipes, these are just guidelines. Switch up the nuts, add your favorite dried fruits, leave out the coconut, add some seeds…the options are endless.
I decreased the liquids from the original recipe and recommend baking till a little darker than my batch. But watch carefully as blackened granola isn’t nearly as appetizing! Another favorite recipe, Maple Coconut Granola, was inspired after a foodie friend gave me a vacation care package!
More Tasty Brunch Recipes
I’ve hosted numerous brunches where we’ve set up a granola parfait bar. Set out some neutral yogurt flavors, both sweetened and unsweetened, fresh berries, and granola. Here are some other delicious brunch recipes!
- Blueberry Scones from Roxana’s Home Baking
- Almond Cake from Real Housemoms
- Smoked Salmon Waffles
- Overnight Cinnamon Bread French Toast
- Raspberry Mascarpone French Toast
- Lemon Blueberry Muffin Bread
- Zucchini Bread Recipe
- More Brunch Recipes
- PAM Cooking Spray
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds, hulled
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds, hulled
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup unsalted pistachios
- 1 1/4 cup raw pecan halves
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup (Grade B preferred for better flavor)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup dried tart cherries and/or dried apricots, chopped
- Preheat oven to 300º. Line rimmed baking sheet with foil and spray with PAM Cooking Spray. Set aside.
- Place all ingredients except cherries into a large bowl and mix until well combined. Spread granola mixture evenly on prepared baking sheet. Bake, stirring every 10-15 minutes for about 35 minutes. Add cherries, stir and bake for another 10 minutes or till granola is toasted.
- Let cool and serve. Store covered.
Spray your measuring cup with PAM Cooking Spray before measuring sticky liquids like maple syrup for easy cleanup and no scraping!
Serving Size:1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 380Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 653mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 6gSugar: 17gProtein: 7g
Thatskinnychickcanbake.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although thatskinnychickcanbake.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased can change the nutritional information in any given recipe. Also, many recipes on thatskinnychickcanbake.com recommend toppings, which may or may not be listed as optional and nutritional information for these added toppings is not listed. Other factors may change the nutritional information such as when the salt amount is listed “to taste,” it is not calculated into the recipe as the amount will vary. Also, different online calculators can provide different results. To obtain the most accurate representation of the nutritional information in any given recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe. You are solely responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information obtained is accurate.