These caramelly, Chewy Butterfinger Cookies have a delicious crunch in every bite! So delicious that you’ll be back for seconds and thirds!
These marvelous cookies, chock full of candy bar chunks, are the perfect excuse to buy extra Halloween candy or to grab a few Butterfinger Bars at the checkout counter. These chewy cookies will have your family swooning!
Chewy Butterfinger Cookies
Cookbooks, binders, stacks of recipes printed from the Internet fill my kitchen. Over the years, I must have saved zillions of recipes with good intentions to try them all.
I bought Butterfingers over a month ago for a recipe I printed off, and lost, for Butterfinger cookie bars. So when I saw a recent post by Gillian of GillyCakes for Butterfinger cookies, that recipe went to the top of the stack.
Perfect for Butterfinger Lovers
Well, I’m so delighted that I didn’t give up cookie dough for Lent this year. The first sign of a fabulous cookie is terrific cookie dough.
I certainly wasn’t disappointed when I took a little nibble. And these chewy gems garnished approval from even the pickiest in my family. So delicious! Thanks, Gillian!!!
Tips for Making Perfect Butterfinger Cookies
If you can make chocolate chip cookies, these will be a breeze. You’ll need to chop up some Butterfinger candy bars and use those in lieu of chocolate chips! Here are a few more tips for making the best Butterfinger cookies.
- Have your butter and eggs at room temperature. This will allow for easier mixing and better incorporation.
- Chop your Butterfingers into chocolate chip sized pieces or even a bit larger. Add any extra crumbs to the dough if you like!
- Mix in the dry ingredients with a wooden spoon. If you use a mixer, you will whip air into the dough. It also activates the gluten, making for less tender cookies.
- Use a cookie scoop to make consistent sized cookies. And if they still come out slightly misshapen, take your spatula and tap them into rounder shapes while they’re hot out of the oven!
More Candy Bar Recipes You’ll Love:
- Easy Homemade Kit Kat Bars from Back for Seconds
- Candy Bar Blondies from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Candy Bar Cookie Pizza from Dinners, Dishes & Desserts
- M & M Brownie Cookies from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Twix Fudge from Inside Bru Crew Life
- More of the Best Cookies Recipes
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted, cooled slightly
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chopped Butterfinger candy bars (I used 2 1/2 2.1 ounce bars)
- Preheat oven to 325º. Line baking sheets with parchment.
- Combine melted butter with sugars, and beat till creamy. Mix in eggs and vanilla. Add soda and salt and mix well, then add flour and mix till combined. Gently add chopped Butterfingers.
- Scoop tablespoonfuls of dough out onto baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or till lightly browned. Cool for a couple minutes on baking sheet, then remove to rack to finish cooling.
Adapted from GillyCakes
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 102 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 17mg Sodium: 101mg Carbohydrates: 16g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 9g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 1g