These rich and delectable Cheesecake Swirl Brownies combine two of my favorite desserts: fudgy brownies and vanilla cheesecake!
Cheesecake Swirl Brownies
I usually try to give up something ridiculously hard, like cookie dough, for Lent. I won’t say how long I last before I find myself mindlessly shoveling in a spoonful of raw deliciousness…thus breaking my vow. I do at least make an attempt. And because of the great sacrifice I’ll be making as Lent arrives, it was imperative I bake up something ridiculously decadent like these Cheesecake Swirl Brownies.
How to Marbleize Brownies
I still haven’t mastered the fine art of marbling, but it really doesn’t matter when it comes to these brownies. Throw away all those other recipes for cheesecake brownies as this one is THE best. I promise.
You start by layering part of the brownie batter, then all the cheesecake batter. Next, the rest of the brownie batter is dolloped across the surface. Taking the point of a table knife, insert just into the cheesecake batter and swirl your way through the blobs of brownie batter. I like to make a simple extended “S” line back and forth from one long side to another. I think it looks better when you don’t over work your swirls.
So good, in fact, that I sent a plate home with Tom and another back with Nick, who was visiting for the weekend, just to keep my little paws away from the temptation. It’s truly a wonderful combination of brownies and cheesecake.
Mardi Gras Recipes
Mardi Gras is the huge celebration that culminates on Fat Tuesday, the day prior to Ash Wednesday. It’s the time to indulge in food and drink before the solemn season of Lent begins. Whether you serve Cajun, Creole, or classic Fat Tuesday fare like Kings Cake or pancakes, you’ll want to add these Cheesecake Swirl Brownies to your menu!
- 30 Minute Creole Jambalaya from A Daily Dish of Life
- Roasted Creole Edamame
- Chicken Jambalaya Soup
- Sausage and Chicken Gumbo
- Cheesy Shrimp and Grits
- Easy King Cake
- Bananas Foster
- More of the Best Holiday Recipes
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line 9×13 pan with foil and grease with butter or use non-stick foil.
- Melt chocolate and the 6 tablespoons of butter gently in the microwave. Stir till smooth. Set aside.
- Beat the 4 eggs in an electric mixer till foamy. Add the sugar and vanilla and beat on high 3-4 minutes. On low, mix in chocolate. Sift dry ingredients into your mixer bowl and combine on low speed, scraping sides of bowl as needed.
- Beat the cream cheese and butter together until smooth. Add vanilla and sugar and beat well. Add the two eggs and beat until well combined.
- Remove 1 1/2 cups of brownie batter and set aside. Spread the remaining brownie batter into the bottom of prepared pan. Next, carefully pour on the cream cheese mixture and spread to cover chocolate. Drop heaping tablespoons of the reserved brownie batter over top of cream cheese. Use a knife to cut through the chocolate just into the cream cheese layer to swirl and marbleize the batter.
- Bake for about 40 minutes. Cool on counter for a few hours, then chill before cutting. Store in refrigerator.
Total time does not include cooling time.
Serving Size:1 brownie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 224 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 69mg Sodium: 129mg Carbohydrates: 27g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 22g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 3g