It’s time for another Holiday Food Blog Party. Christmas is just around the corner! I bake oodles of cookies throughout the month of December and decided to put a twist on the classic peanut blossoms by making Caramel Biscoff Blossoms. Biscoff Spread was used in place of peanut butter, then between the cookie and the Hershey’s Kiss, I couldn’t resist adding a dollop of caramel. Sounds good, right? These were simple to make, especially since instead of making homemade caramel, I just unwrapped a bunch of the bagged candies and melted them with a bit of cream. Sometimes you just have to take a short cut this busy time of year. I hope you’ll add these Biscoff blossoms to your baking list!
Some of my favorite bloggers are part of the Holiday Food Party group…so you are guaranteed excellent recipes for your upcoming parties…whether for Christmas, Hanukkah or New Year’s. We have cookies, cakes, brownies and even a special appetizer recipe. If you want something yummy and festive, please check out all the links below! Click on the smaller photos in the collage below to be taken directly to the recipe. A huge thanks to Jen, of Jen’s Favorite Cookies, for her tech wizardry!!!
Caramel Biscoff Blossoms
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup Biscoff Spread (creamy or crunchy)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 ounces vanilla caramels
- 2–3 tablespoons cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Hershey’s Kisses (about 36)
- Beat butter, Biscoff and sugars together till creamy. Add egg and mix till blended. Mix in vanilla and milk, then dry ingredients. Chill dough while preheating oven to 350º. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll rounded tablespoonfuls of dough into balls and place about 2 inches apart on baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or till golden. Remove from oven and use the back of a round tablespoon and make an indentation in each cookie (making a well for the caramel). Remove cookies to cooling rack.
- When all are baked, microwave caramels and 2 tablespoons of cream for one minute. Stir, then continue to microwave at 30 second intervals, stopping to stir till mixture is smooth. Stir in vanilla.
- Spoon a teaspoon or less of caramel into the indentation in each cookie. Press unwrapped Hershey’s Kiss into the caramel. Let cool before sampling.