Toffee Noel Nut Balls #BringtheCookies #Giveaway
Toffee Noel Nut Balls (Mexican wedding cookies) made extraordinary by adding chopped Heath bars to the batter. A new twist on a classic holiday recipe.Recipe courtesy of my friend, Cyn.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 18 mins
- Total Time: 38 mins
- Yield: 3 dozen
- Category: Cookies, Holiday, Dessert
- 2 sticks butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 5 Heath bars (or about 6 ounces) finely chopped (to about half the size of a standard chocolate chip)
- 1 cup powdered sugar, for rolling cookies
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. Line baking pans with parchment and set aside.
- Cream butter, then add sugar, vanilla and water. Mix again. Stir flour and salt into mixture. Add pecans and toffee bits and mix thoroughly.
- Form tablespoon sized scoops of dough into balls. Bake for 18-20 minutes or till lightly browned.
- Roll in powdered sugar while warm.