I cannot bake anything chocolate without a curious family member popping into the kitchen to peer into the oven….along with a slew of questions. Is that for us? Does it have nuts? When will it be ready? The irresistible scent of brownies or chocolate chip cookies works its way into every nook and cranny of our house. You can imagine the reaction when these cheesecakes started puffing up and sending out their heavenly fragrance. So quick, so decadent, from start to finish, the aroma of chocolate decadence was present in less than an hour. And the fact that a Warm Chocolate Cheesecake could practically be eaten fresh out of the oven, made them even MORE popular with my crew.
When my three children were wee ones, I discovered Food TV. Dinnertime for them was during Cooking Live, an hour long show where Sara Moulton dazzled me with her food knowledge gained through years of working as Gourmet magazine’s executive chef. As she chopped, sautéed and baked, she provided helpful hints…and I soaked up her every word. Bill would get home late, warm up his dinner as I got the tykes ready for bed. I wasn’t frazzled because I had a little “me” time. Some of my favorite dishes to this day were printed off from those Cooking Live telecasts.
This weekend, the Sunday Supper gang is thrilled to be cooking dishes inspired from Sara’s newest cookbook, Everyday Family Dinners. If you know me at all, you can guess that I went to the back of the cookbook to check out her desserts. Well, the daughter loves cheesecake and the fellows love chocolate. So, of course, I immediately gravitated to Sara’s Warm Chocolate Cheesecake…wouldn’t you? And even more thrilling is that Sara will join our #SundaySupper twitter chat tonight! Scroll down to see all the dishes inspired by Sara Moulton…and enter for a chance to win her cookbook…just follow the Rafflecopter prompts.
This was such a simple recipe. Since I hate to clean my food processor, I made it all in one bowl. Just make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature, and it’s a snap to prepare with just a bowl and rubber spatula. The chocoholics in the family were thrilled…and I had dessert, with little clean up, in a snap!Print
Warm Chocolate Cheesecake
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1 large egg
- Berries, whipped cream or ice cream, optional for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Butter four ½-cup ramekins and place on a baking sheet.
- Coarsely chop the chocolate and gently melt in a microwave safe bowl, stopping and stirring at 30 second increments Combine the chocolate with the cream cheese and vanilla and mix with rubber spatula till well combined.
- Stir together the sugar and flour, and mix till combined. Add the egg and mix till well incorporated. Divide the batter among the ramekins.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, till the centers are set. Cool slightly before serving. May top with a dollop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream and berries if desired.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Breakfast for Dinner:
- Open-faced Zucchini Omelet with Red Bell Pepper and Feta by Granny’s Down Home Sassy Southern Cooking
- Chocolate French Toast with Fresh Strawberry Sauce by Daily Dish Recipes
- Polenta Lasagne by Blueberries and Blessings
- Spicy Korean Cheesesteak by Kimchi MOM
- Chorizo Mushroom Bites by La Cocina de Leslie
- Roasted Ratatouille Crêpes with Goat Cheese by Healthy.Delicious.
- Grilled Chicken and Veggie Pizza by Runner’s Tales
- Clay Pot Vegetable Stew by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Grilled Reuben Pizza by Juanita’s Cocina
- Vegetarian Greek Stuffed Zucchini by The Messy Baker Blog
- Manchego, Fig and Bacon Flatbreads by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Kimchi Fried Rice by girlichef
- Gluten Free Mozzarella Pesto Pizza by No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- Peppery Broccoli with Feta Cheese and Angel Hair Pasta by Hip Foodie Mom
- Chicken Artichoke Piccata by Sustainable Dad
- Reuben Tortilla Pinwheels by Home Cooking Memories
- Deli Style Turkey Reuben Pizza by In The Kitchen with KP
- Grilled Mahi Mahi with Garlic Caper Sauce by Family Foodie
Spectacular Sides and Salads:
- Curried Peas and Black Beans by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chopped Salad with Feta, Chickpeas, and Pita Croutons by Supper for a Steal
- A Summer Salad from Paris by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Caprese Salad with Avocado by Ruffles & Truffles
Don’t Skip Desserts and Drinks:
- Three-Ingredient Pluot Crisp by Shockingly Delicious
- Stuffed Strawberry Dessert by Growing Up Gabel
- Vegan Chocolate Peanut-Butter No Bake Cookies by Killer Bunnies
- Warm Chocolate Cheesecake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Turkish Pistachio and Apricot Bread by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Sparkling Watermelon Lemonade by The Urban Mrs.
- Blueberry Crepes by Basic N Delicious
- Nectarine Upside-Down Cake by Magnolia Days
- Cannoli Strawberries by Foxes Love Lemons
- Gluten-Free Carrot Cupcakes by Ninja Baking
- Watermelon Basil Lemonade by Curious Cuisiniere
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter each Sunday. We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET and you do not want to miss out on the fun. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Are you interested in joining the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
I am SO disappointed that I won’t be able to attend the Food and Wine Conference in Orlando with so many of my Sunday Supper friends. Here are the details from a recent press release:
There will be live chocolate demonstrations, social networking, and plenty of food business talks and seminars.
Sponsored by Sunday Supper LLC, the Food & Wine Conference has a great lineup of speakers to share their inspiration and expertise.
Headlining the event is chef, television personality and cookbook author Sara Moulton, who recently kicked off her third season as host of public television’s “Sara’s Weeknight Meals.” Her culinary accolades are enough to make any foodie swoon. She was the protégée of Julia Child, founder of the New York Women’s Culinary Alliance, executive chef of Gourmet magazine, food editor of ABC-TV’s ”Good Morning America” and the host of several popular shows on the Food Network during that channel’s first decade.
Additional top pros scheduled at the conference include:
— Michael Green, one of America’s permiere wine and spirits celebrities
— Chef David Ramirez, Rosen Shingle Creek Executive Pastry Chef and captain of the 2009 USA Team to the internationally acclaimed Coupe du Monde chocolate and pastry competiton in France
— Jaden Hair, cookbook author and food blogger at SteamyKitchen.com
When: July 19-21, 2013
Where: Rosen Shingle Creek