Rich, luscious individual Warm Chocolate Cheesecakes are terrific party or special occasion desserts, but easy enough for a weeknight!
My family is always thrilled to find I’ve made a chocolate dessert, and this passed all the picky palate taste tests!
Warm Chocolate Cheesecakes
I cannot bake anything chocolate without a curious family member popping into the kitchen to peer into the oven….along with a slew of questions. Is that for us? Does it have nuts? When will it be ready? The irresistible scent of brownies or chocolate chip cookies works its way into every nook and cranny of our house.
You can imagine the reaction when these cheesecakes started puffing up and sending out their heavenly fragrance. So quick, so decadent, from start to finish, the aroma of chocolate decadence was present in less than an hour. And the fact that a Warm Chocolate Cheesecake could practically be eaten fresh out of the oven, made them even MORE popular with my crew.
Sara Moulton Individual Dessert Recipe
When my three children were wee ones, I discovered Food TV. Dinnertime for them was during Cooking Live, an hour-long show where Sara Moulton dazzled me with her food knowledge gained through years of working as Gourmet magazine’s executive chef. As she chopped, sautéed and baked, she provided helpful hints…and I soaked up her every word. Bill would get home late, warm up his dinner as I got the tykes ready for bed. I wasn’t frazzled because I had a little “me” time. Some of my favorite dishes to this day were printed off from those Cooking Live telecasts.
This was such a simple recipe. Since I hate to clean my food processor, I veered from the recipe and made it all in one bowl. PRO-Tip: Just make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature, and it’s a snap to prepare with just a bowl and rubber spatula. The chocoholics in the family were thrilled…and I had dessert, with little cleanup, in a snap!
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1 large egg
- Berries, whipped cream or ice cream, optional for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Butter four ½-cup ramekins and place on a baking sheet.
- Coarsely chop the chocolate and gently melt in a microwave-safe bowl, stopping and stirring at 30-second increments Combine the chocolate with the cream cheese and vanilla and mix with a rubber spatula till well combined.
- Stir together the sugar and flour, and mix till combined. Add the egg and mix till well incorporated. Divide the batter among the ramekins.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, till the centers are set. Cool slightly before serving. May top with a dollop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream and berries if desired.
You can make the batter a day ahead, fill the ramekins, cover and refrigerate. The next day, let them rest at room temperature for an hour before baking to take the chill off. Then bake as directed.
Serving Size:1 ramekin
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 473Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 119mgSodium: 226mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 3gSugar: 33gProtein: 8g