Chocolate Mini Cheesecakes provide perfect portion control while providing a rich, chocolate indulgence! Life is all about balance and a healthy meal can be topped off with a delicious Individual Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe.
For many years, one of my signature party desserts was Mini Cheesecakes made in mini muffin tins. Just a bite or two, they were a terrific addition to a dessert buffet. But these slightly larger cupcake-sized cheesecakes are big enough to satisfy both a nagging chocolate and cheesecake craving!
Individual Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
Do you have trouble with portion control? I do! I cut a sliver of a dessert to sample, then repeat that numerous times! I would have been better off just slicing a regular-sized serving!
These mini cupcake cheesecakes are the perfect size. Still a luscious indulgence, but filling enough that there’s less chance of going back for seconds!
How to Make Mini Cheesecakes
Many of my tips are perfect across the board for any cheesecake recipe. Others will apply to cheesecakes made in a cupcake or muffin tin.
- Line your muffin tins with cupcake liners. Otherwise, it will be difficult to remove the cheesecakes after they’re baked and chilled.
- Have your cream cheese, sour cream, and eggs at room temperature. This will make a smoother batter.
- For a shortcut, you can use a regular Oreo instead of cookie crumbs and butter for the crust.
- Use a tassie tamper to level the cookie crumb crust before baking.
- Mix your batter with the paddle attachment. Using the whisk will add too much air to the batter.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing until incorporated before adding the next.
- Garnish any way you’d like. But the ganache and whipped cream combo makes an elegant presentation. I use an open star tip for piping.
Two Sweetie Pies
This recipe is from my darling friend, Danielle, who shared her Mini Death by Chocolate Cheesecakes. They were so elegant (and chocolate!), that I could not resist! We blog a recipe from each other’s site every month. So make sure you pop over to see what she cooked up from mine. My gang loved these Chocolate Mini Cheesecakes!!!
How Long to Bake Mini Cheesecakes
There is no one answer to this question. It all depends on the size of your pan. I’ve used a mini muffin tin, regular muffin tin, and a specialize mini cheesecake pan with removable bottoms. This cheesecake recipe took 20 minutes with the oven on, 10 minutes with the oven off, and 20 minutes with the oven door cracked.
How Many Calories in an Individual Cheesecake?
If you use all the whipped cream, each of these cheesecakes have 370 calories. I had leftover chocolate whipped cream so that means slightly fewer calories. The calories also vary depending on the size and ingredients in the cheesecakes.
More Individual Dessert Recipes:
- 20 Bite-Sized Fruit Desserts from Big Bear’s Wife
- Caramel Topped Mini Cheesecakes
- Warm Chocolate Cheesecakes
- Mini Vanilla Bean Cheesecakes
- Plus, More Homemade Cheesecake Desserts
- 1 cup oreo cookie crumbs
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 12 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 3 T. powdered sugar
- 3 T. unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Mini Hershey bars to garnish
Preheat oven to 325°F. Line pan with cupcake liners.
Make the crust by mixing the cookie crumbs and butter together and pressing into 12 cupcake cups.
Bake 5 minutes. Set aside.
Lower oven to 300.
Beat cream cheese, sugar, and cocoa on low with a paddle attachment if available.
Add sour cream and vanilla. Add eggs one at a time. Then add the melted chocolate and mix just until incorporated.
Bake 15 minutes then shut oven heat off and leave them in the oven for 10 minutes. Then, crack the door open and leave them in for an additional 20 minutes.
Place in the refrigerator to chill.
When cheesecakes are cold, make the ganache. In a saucepan over medium-low heat chocolate and cream. Whisk until smooth.
Top each cheesecake with ganache. Chill.
When the ganache has chilled make the chocolate whipped cream. Beat cream, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and vanilla to stiff peaks.
Pipe on top and add a mini Hershey bar to garnish.
Store in the refrigerator, but let warm up slightly at room temperature before serving for the creamiest results.
Adapted from Hugs and Cookies XOXO
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.