Chocolate Mini Cheesecakes
Chocolate Mini Cheesecakes provide perfect portion control while providing a rich, dreamy chocolate indulgence! Life is all about balance and a healthy meal can be topped off with a delicious Individual Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe.
For many years, one of my signature party desserts was Mini Cheesecakes made in mini muffin tins. Just a bite or two, they were a terrific addition to a dessert buffet. But these slightly larger cupcake-sized cheesecakes are big enough to satisfy both nagging chocolate and cheesecake cravings!
Why You Must Make
Do you have trouble with portion control? I do! I cut a sliver of a dessert to sample, then repeat that numerous times! I would have been better off just slicing a regular-sized serving!
- These mini cupcake cheesecakes are the perfect size.
- They’re still a luscious indulgence, but filling enough that there’s less chance of going back for seconds!
- And the chocoholics in your life with be thrilled for a taste!
Many of my tips are perfect across the board for any cheesecake recipe. Others will apply to cheesecakes made in a cupcake or muffin tin.
- Line your muffin tins with cupcake liners. Otherwise, it will be difficult to remove the cheesecakes after they’re baked and chilled.
- PRO-Tip: Have your cream cheese, sour cream, and eggs at room temperature. This will make a smoother batter.
- For a shortcut, you can use a regular Oreo instead of cookie crumbs and butter for the crust.
- PRO- Tip: Use a tassie tamper (affiliate link) to level the cookie crumb crust before baking.
- Mix your batter with the paddle attachment. Using the whisk will add too much air to the batter.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing until incorporated before adding the next.
- Garnish any way you’d like. But the ganache and whipped cream combo make an elegant presentation. I use an open star tip for piping.
Frequently Asked Questions
There is no one answer to this question. It all depends on the size of your pan. I’ve used a mini muffin tin, regular muffin tin, and a specialized mini cheesecake pan with removable bottoms.
This cheesecake recipe took 20 minutes with the oven on, 10 minutes with the oven off, and 20 minutes with the oven door cracked.
If you use all the whipped cream, each of these cheesecakes has 370 calories. I had leftover chocolate whipped cream so that means slightly fewer calories. The calories also vary depending on the size and ingredients in the cheesecakes.
More Individual Dessert Recipes:
- 20 Bite-Sized Fruit Desserts from Big Bear’s Wife
- Caramel Topped Mini Cheesecakes
- Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes
- Warm Chocolate Cheesecakes
- Mini Vanilla Bean Cheesecakes
- Plus, More Homemade Cheesecake Desserts
- 1 cup oreo cookie crumbs
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 12 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 3 T. powdered sugar
- 3 T. unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Mini Hershey bars to garnish
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line the cupcake pan with paper liners.
- Make the crust by mixing the cookie crumbs and butter together and pressing them into 12 cupcake cups.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Lower oven to 300°.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, and cocoa on low with a paddle attachment if available.
- Add sour cream and vanilla. Add eggs one at a time. Then add the melted chocolate and mix just until incorporated.
- Bake for 15 minutes then shut oven heat off and leave them in the oven for 10 minutes. Then, crack the door open and leave them in for an additional 20 minutes.
- Place in the refrigerator to chill.
- When cheesecakes are cold, make the ganache. In a saucepan over medium-low heat chocolate and cream. Whisk until smooth.
- Top each cheesecake with ganache. Chill.
- When the ganache has chilled make the chocolate whipped cream. Beat cream, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and vanilla to stiff peaks.
- Pipe on top and add a mini Hershey bar to garnish.
- Store in the refrigerator, but let warm up slightly at room temperature before serving for the creamiest results.
Adapted from Hugs and Cookies XOXO
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 370Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 90mgSodium: 153mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 2gSugar: 24gProtein: 5g
Thatskinnychickcanbake.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although thatskinnychickcanbake.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased can change the nutritional information in any given recipe. Also, many recipes on thatskinnychickcanbake.com recommend toppings, which may or may not be listed as optional and nutritional information for these added toppings is not listed. Other factors may change the nutritional information such as when the salt amount is listed “to taste,” it is not calculated into the recipe as the amount will vary. Also, different online calculators can provide different results. To obtain the most accurate representation of the nutritional information in any given recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe. You are solely responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information obtained is accurate.