When berries are plentiful in the markets, I love making these Individual Berry Crisps to highlight their sweet deliciousness!
Individual Berry Crisps
Making a pie is often time-consuming, not to mention daunting. I’ve messed up too many pie crusts to mention. Granted, they usually taste yummy, but not what I’d want to serve to company. Crisps are pretty much foolproof. Plus making them in ramekins is a terrific presentation, creating individual berry crisps for each of your guests.
Easy Summer Dessert
Individual Berry Crisps and Overdue Thank Yous
A delicious mix of berries topped with a brown sugar crisp
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 4 cups mixed berries (I used fresh blueberries, fresh raspberries, and fresh blackberries)
- 1/4 cup sugar (or more if berries are not sweet)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Gently mix berries with sugar and cornstarch. Divide between 4 8-ounce ramekins.
- Make topping by combining flour, brown sugar, and butter. With fingers, press, break apart and work in butter until topping resembles cornmeal. Sprinkle evenly over the four ramekins.
- Place ramekins on baking sheet and bake for 35-45 minutes, until the filling bubbles and the topping is browned. Cool slightly, then serve with vanilla ice cream.
More Favorite Crisps:
>Gina of SP Cookie Queen…a small batch chocolate cookbook…hooray!
Gwenevere of Apron Appeal…she made these lovely reusable grocery bags…such talent!!!
Susan of Create Amazing Meals…an Amazon gift card…what do you think I purchased??? Yes, a cookbook.
Ed and Charisse of Foodies at Home…scary to set me loose in Williams-Sonoma with a gift card! But what a treat!
Lillian from Sweets by Sillianah…isn’t this a cool print for a baker?
And just today, from my dear friend, Lizzie, of Food and Thrift Finds…a fabulous autographed cookbook!
Bill thinks I should start buying lottery tickets since I’m on this lucky streak. so he can retire before age 94 (darn shoe obsession of mine could be part of the problem ;)). Thank you, blogger friends!!!