When berries are plentiful in the markets, I love making these Individual Berry Crisps to highlight their sweet deliciousness!
Individual Berry Crisps
Making a pie is often time-consuming, not to mention daunting. I’ve messed up too many pie crusts to mention. Granted, they usually taste yummy, but not what I’d want to serve to company. Crisps are pretty much foolproof. Plus making them in ramekins is a terrific presentation, creating individual berry crisps for each of your guests.
Easy Summer Dessert
These mini berry crisps are a snap to prepare. Just head to your favorite farmers’ market, produce stand or grocery store and pick up 4 cups of the ripest seasonal berries you can find. I love using a mixture of luscious raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries. Gently toss the berries with sugar and cornstarch and divide between ramekins.
I love using these mini red cocottesfrom Le Crueset. But you’re more likely to have 6 or 8-ounce ramekins in your kitchen. Either will work fine. Sprinkle with a simple brown sugar butter streusel, bake, and voila, dessert is served! Make sure the filling is hot and bubbly to ensure the cornstarch works its thickening magic.
How to Serve a Berry Crisp
Serve warm with vanilla or another complimentary ice cream. A few seconds in the microwave will heat each berry crisp up nicely. There’s nothing better than melting ice cream on warm dessert!
These triple berry crisps are the perfect salute to summer! Indulging in a berry crisps will certainly delight your taste buds!
- 4 cups berries (I used fresh blueberries, fresh raspberries, and fresh blackberries)
- 1/4 cup sugar (or more if berries are not sweet)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Gently mix berries with sugar and cornstarch. Divide between 4 8-ounce ramekins.
- Make topping by combining flour, brown sugar, and butter. With fingers, press, break apart and work in butter until topping resembles cornmeal. Sprinkle evenly over the four ramekins.
- Place ramekins on baking sheet and bake for 35-45 minutes, until the filling bubbles and the topping is browned. Cool slightly, then serve with vanilla ice cream.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 330Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 97mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 6gSugar: 32gProtein: 3g
More Favorite Crisps: