Strawberry Cream Cheese Dessert
When strawberry season hits, it’s time to whip up a magnificent berry treat. This Strawberry Cream Cheese Dessert starts with a graham cracker crust, followed by a sweet, creamy filling and finally crowned with fresh, juicy strawberries!
This Fresh Strawberry Pie is a cross between cheesecake and pie! It’s the perfect way to usher in strawberry season.
Why You Must Make
- A pie is a perfect way to celebrate strawberry season!
- It’s a super easy pie recipe without a pastry crust
- Making a simple arrangement of berries on top and glazing them with jelly easily makes this easy dessert a showstopper. It’s definitely worthy of serving to company!
When Is Strawberry Season?
I have been counting the days till local strawberries appear at the fruit stand down the road in early June, when Indiana strawberries start to ripen. Tiny and flavorful, my kids also anxiously await those succulent berries that are available just one or two weeks a year.
Hoping they will be ripe at the end of May, we are usually disappointed when we have to wait until June to enjoy the best strawberry shortcakes of the year…when these local berries are picked at the peak of their sweetness.
But thankfully, the California berries at the market were red and fragrant…and perfect to top this Strawberry Cream Cheese Dessert. And look for Florida strawberries from December to March. Make sure to check out all the magnificent berry recipes at the end of this post.
How to Make
A graham cracker crust was paired with a creamy cheesecake-like filling, then finished off with a sunburst of berries. Melted currant jelly is the perfect glaze for strawberries…it helps magnify their scarlet hue, providing an enticing gloss and subtle flavor. The guys skipped dessert when dining out last night…after asking if there were two slices of strawberry pie left at home. I’d say that’s a positive endorsement.
- First, make, bake and cool a simple graham cracker crust. Of course, you can always buy a ready-made crust, but I like my pies in pretty pie plates instead of foil tins from the grocery store.
- Use softened cream cheese and mix up the sweet, creamy filling.
- Add the filling to the cooled pie shell and smooth the top.
- Arrange whole strawberries or berry slices on the surface of the pie.
- Glaze the pie with melted jelly.
- Chill and serve!
You May Also Like:
- Lattice-Top Blueberry Pie by Hip Foodie Mom
- Berry Tiramisu Recipe
- Strawberry Cheesecake Brownies
- Peach Raspberry Pie
- Raspberry White Chocolate Bars
- Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
- More of the Best Dessert Recipes
- More Pie Recipes
Strawberry Cream Cheese Dessert
A lovely, dreamy, cream filled pie topped with the season's best ripe strawberries
- 8 graham crackers, processed into crumbs
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Sliced strawberries (I used most of a 16-ounce package)
- A few raspberries and blackberries to garnish, optional
- 2-3 tablespoons red currant jelly, melted, whisked till smooth, and cooled slightly
- Preheat oven to 325º.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs and sugar. Mix in melted butter. Press into 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes. Cool completely.
- When the crust is cool, whip together cream cheese, sugar, and lemon juice. Set aside. In another bowl, whip cream to soft peaks. Combine the whipped cream with the cream cheese mixture. Fill pie crust and chill for at least an hour.
- Slice berries, reserving outer slices for another use. Arrange as desired over the top of the filling. Add other berries to center, if desired. Brush with melted currant jelly.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 376Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 67mgSodium: 198mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 1gSugar: 28gProtein: 3g
66 Comments on “Strawberry Cream Cheese Dessert”
The filling went so great with the graham cracker crust! We all loved this!
Such a gorgeous dessert! Everyone at my house loved it!
I love your beautiful artwork on the pie. Strawberries are pretty on their own but you made them look spectacular! Happy Father’s Day to Bill, have a great weekend!
your desserts are always works of art Liz! 🙂
Just made this and stuck it in the fridge to chill. I already know it’s going to be delicious! Since it’s not strawberry season anymore I took frozen strawberries and made a compote that I poured over the cream cheese whipped cream layer to create a third layer. So it’s extra colorful! 🙂
I love your tweaks…I’m certain you’ll love it. It’s one of my favorite desserts!!! Thanks for your feedback 🙂