When strawberry season hits, it’s time to whip up a magnificent berry treat. This Strawberry Cream Cheese Dessert starts with a graham cracker crust, followed by a sweet, creamy filling and finally crowned with fresh, juicy strawberries!
Strawberry Cream Cheese Dessert
I have been counting the days till local strawberries appear at the fruit stand down the road. Tiny and flavorful, my kids also anxiously await those succulent berries that are available just one week a year. Hoping they will be ripe at the end of May, we are usually disappointed when we have to wait until June to enjoy the best strawberry shortcakes of the year…when these local berries are picked at the peak of their sweetness.
But thankfully, the California berries at the market were red and fragrant…and perfect to top this Strawberry Cream Cheese Dessert. Make sure to check out all the magnificent berry recipes at the end of this post.
Fresh Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie
A graham cracker crust was paired with a creamy cheesecake-like filling, then finished off with a sunburst of berries. Melted currant jelly is the perfect glaze for strawberries…it helps magnify their scarlet hue, providing an enticing gloss and subtle flavor. The guys skipped dessert when dining out last night…after asking if there were two slices of strawberry pie left at home. I’d say that’s a positive endorsement.
More Berry Dessert Recipes:
- Lattice-Top Blueberry Pie by Hip Foodie Mom
- Berry Tiramisu Recipe
- Strawberry Cheesecake Brownies
- Peach Raspberry Pie
- Raspberry White Chocolate Bars
- Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
- More of the Best Dessert Recipes
- More Pie Recipes
- 8 graham crackers, processed into crumbs
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Sliced strawberries (I used most of a 16-ounce package)
- A few raspberries and blackberries to garnish, optional
- 2-3 tablespoons red currant jelly, melted, whisked till smooth, and cooled slightly
- Preheat oven to 325º.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs and sugar. Mix in melted butter. Press into 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes. Cool completely.
- When the crust is cool, whip together cream cheese, sugar, and lemon juice. Set aside. In another bowl, whip cream to soft peaks. Combine the whipped cream with the cream cheese mixture. Fill pie crust and chill for at least an hour.
- Slice berries, reserving outer slices for another use. Arrange as desired over the top of the filling. Add other berries to center, if desired. Brush with melted currant jelly.
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 376Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 67mgSodium: 198mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 1gSugar: 28gProtein: 3g