My hubby is a chocolate chip cookie connoisseur, and these Chocolate Chip Cookies with Pudding met his high standards. Can you guess their secret ingredient???
Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies with Pudding
My family is full of chocolate chip cookie fanatics, soft chocolate chip cookies to be specific. I bet I have at least a dozen different recipes on my blog. When I first started blogging, a dear friend from college told me about her version of chocolate chip cookies that always drew rave reviews.
The secret ingredient was instant pudding. I filed that away in my memory bank, which is a bit rusty at times. When I saw a similar recipe on Hugs & Cookies XOXO, I knew I had to give Danielle’s Secret Ingredient Chocolate Chip Cookies with Pudding a shot.
Well, the batter passed the tasting ultimate test…my batch may have been a few cookies short due to some quality control by the baker (not naming names here). Darn the temptation of raw cookie dough!
Then Nick sampled a couple of these soft chocolate chip cookies when he got home from work. Thumbs up from the youngest. Both Bill and Katie concurred. Katie loved that they were soft. She warms up day old cookies in the microwave to refresh them, and these didn’t necessarily need this step unless you like a bit of gooey chocolate in yours.
On day two they were still soft and the hubby continued to gush on about these pudding cookies as he added a few to his sack lunch. I was hesitant to use a package mix, but there was no residual artificial flavor. I think adding a good amount of real vanilla extract is key. I guess I’m going to have to keep a stash of instant vanilla pudding in my pantry from now on. P. S. I’ve just recently tried some Dark Chocolate Pudding Cookies which were also a huge hit with the family!
Hugs and Cookies Time
It’s time for the monthly installment of Two Sweetie Pies, the sweetest day of the month. On the Monday before our Secret Recipe Club reveal, my friend, Danielle, makes a recipe from my blog and I reciprocate. I hope you’ll give her soft chocolate chip cookies with a secret a try!
Used in This Recipe:
- Half Sheet Pan, 13″x18″
- Parchment Paper Baking Sheets
- Medium Cookie Scoop
- Jell-O Instant Pudding and Pie Filling, Vanilla, 3.4-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 6) (in case you want to stock up!)
More Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes You’ll Love:
- Better Than Brownies Chocolate Cookies from Brown Eyed Baker
- Levain Bakery Chocolate Chip Cookies from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Hot Chocolate Cookies from Love from the Oven
- Flourless Chocolate Cookies from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- German Chocolate Cake Cookies from A Dash of Sanity
Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies with a surprise ingredient.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 32 minutes
- Yield: 3 dozen
- Category: Dessert, Cookies
- Method: Mixing, Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift together the flour and baking soda, set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar.
- Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla.
- Blend in the flour mixture.
- Stir in the milk chocolate chips until well dispersed.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven until the edges are golden.