Chocolate Chip Cookie Sticks
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies Sticks are a fun twist on a classic cookie that’s perfect for snacking, dunking, and dipping! The same marvelous homemade chocolate chip cookies flavor without all the scooping!
You won’t break a sweat making these tasty chocolate chip cookie bars and your family will be thrilled. Mine certainly was!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Sticks
If you like something sweet with your afternoon tea or cup of coffee, these cookie sticks fit the bill. Plus, the bonus of this recipe technique is there’s no scooping and just single baking time.
When nudging my daughter for a review, she calmly stated, “These taste just like chocolate chip cookies, Mom.” Which is a good thing!
Why You’ll Love These Cookie Sticks
- The shape make them perfect to rest on your saucer while sipping on tea or coffee.
- They’re also ideal for dipping whether in a hot beverage or a cold glass of milk.
- They’re chocolate chip cookies!! And doesn’t everyone love them???!
How to Make Cookie Sticks
Starting with a basic chocolate chip cookie dough, form into two flat rectangles, bake, then slice into sticks. These cookies are like Italian biscotti but without the second baking. Mini chocolate chips were used to make slicing easier, but regular chips will work, too.
I veered from the recipe and pressed half of my dough into a 4 x 13-inch fluted tart pan to compare how they baked up. Both worked well, but there’s no pan to wash with the original recipe.
After baking a cooling for a few minutes, slice the big cookie into slices with either a pizza wheel or a sharp knife. Let cool completely before storing.
Frequently Asked Questions
Like most cookies, these can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days. After that, they can be frozen for up to 3 months. My husband will eat them right out of the freezer, but my daughter microwaves them for a few seconds to warm them up and melt the mini chocolate chips.
The recipe, especially the ratio of fat to flour, will ensure that your cookies are the texture you prefer. Using brown sugar or an extra egg yolk will add moisture. Underbaking very slightly will make for chewy and soft cookies, too.
Make sandwich cookies by smearing frosting on one of the flat sides and topping with another similar-sized cookie stick. Use as a dipper with fudge sauce, brownie batter dip or s’mores dip. Or just dunk them in a hot cup or coffee or tea or a glass of milk!
More Chocolate Chip Desserts You’ll Love:
This recipe for chocolate chip cookie sticks comes from my friend, Danielle, and is part of our series of sharing each other’s recipes. I needed something quick, easy, and delicious for dessert, and this twist on chocolate chip cookies was a big hit! Please follow Danielle on her Facebook Page and Pinterest! You’ll love everything she makes.
- DoubleTree Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe from The View from Great Island
- Mocha Cheesecake with Chocolate Chips
- Quadruple Chocolate Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
- Gooey Chocolate Chip Pie
- Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- The New York Times Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip
- More of the Best Chocolate Recipes
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1¾ cups flour
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Line a large baking sheet with parchment.
- Mix both sugars and butter. Let cool for a few minutes.
- Add vanilla, egg, baking soda, and salt. Stir in flour, then the chocolate chips
- Divide the batter in n half and shape it into two, 3×15- inch rectangles with room between each.
- Bake 10-13 minutes.
- Cool a few minutes on the baking sheet and slice with a pizza cutter or sharp knife into sticks.
Adapted from Hugs and Cookies XOXO
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 109Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 85mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 1g