These Hot Fudge Cheesecake Bars with an Oreo crust, luscious vanilla cheesecake and decadent fudge topping are a divine treat for both chocolate and cheesecake aficionados!
Oreo Hot Fudge Cheesecake Bars
Chocolate and cheesecake. That combo always seems to fare well around here. Adding peanut butter or mint to the mix might ruffle some feathers, but this simple marriage of desserts worked well for my crew.
A tasty Oreo crust was topped with a creamy cheesecake batter then baked until the luscious filling was set. To up the ante, the cooled bars were drizzled with fudge topping, and for an additional bonus a whipped cream and Oreo garnish finished them off.
Tips for Making Cheesecake Bars:
The Oreo crust is super easy if you use a food processor to make the crumbs, then mix in the butter. But there are a few tricks for making the best cheesecake batter.
- PRO-Tip: Start with room temperature eggs and cream cheese. They will incorporate better if they’re not cold from refrigeration.
- PRO-Tip: Use your paddle attachment when mixing to avoid getting excess air into the batter. You want your cheesecake to be dense, not light and fluffy. If you use a hand mixer, be careful not to over mix.
- Line your baking pan with non-stick foil. This allows you to lift and remove the bars to a cutting board to slice. It also makes for easy cleanup.
- Use an offset spatula for spreading out the cheesecake batter. This helps make for a level layer.
- I used a premium jar of fudge sauce to make this an easy, approachable dessert recipe. Feel free to make your favorite homemade fudge sauce if desired.
- To slice, I like using a warm knife, wiping it clean after each cut. Another option is to freeze the bars first to make cleaner cuts. Just defrost cut bars before serving.
Two Sweetie Pies
Thanks again to my lovely friend, Danielle, for another magnificent recipe! She is my go-to blogger for decadent treats. I promise you will love whatever you try from her blog!!! We share a recipe from each other’s sites every second Monday of the month.
Check out Danielle’s take on this recipe as well as her social media sites! Plus make sure to stop by her blog and check out which of my recipes she made this month, too. And make sure to add these Hot Fudge Cheesecake Bars to your “baking” list.
If you love cheesecake but don’t want the full blown version tempting you, cheesecake bars are perfect. Try these Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars, Blackberry Cheesecake Bars or Strawberry Cheesecake Bars. I’ve also had my eye on these Coconut Cheesecake Bars and these No Bake Raspberry Cheesecake Bars.Print
Hot Fudge Cheesecake Bars
Hot Fudge Cheesecake Bars with an Oreo crust, luscious vanilla cheesecake and decadent fudge topping.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 16 bars 1x
- Category: Cheesecake, Bar Cookies, Dessert
- Method: Mixing, Baking
- Cuisine: American
24 regular Oreos, pulsed in food processor to form crumbs
5 tablespoons melted butter
16 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
½ cup sugar
¼ cup sour cream
2 eggs, at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon flour
½ teaspoon salt
Hot fudge sauce, Mini Oreos, Freshly whipped, sweetened whip cream to garnish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8 x 8-inch baking dish with nonstick foil.
Mix together cookie crumbs and butter and press into the bottom of prepared pan.
Bake 10 mins and cool.
Decrease oven temperature to 325.
Beat cream cheese and sugar till fluffy. On low, add sour cream, eggs, vanilla, flour, and salt. Beat till smooth and creamy.
Pour the batter over the Oreo crust and smooth with an offset spatula. Bake for 35-40 minutes. Turn oven off, crack open the oven door, and let the bars continue to cook with the residual heat for 10 minutes.
Remove to cooling rack, let cool to room temperature then chill in the refrigerator.
To serve, cut into bars drizzle with fudge sauce, add a dollop of whipped cream and a mini-Oreo if desired.