I whipped up this outrageously delicious, cheesy Homemade Sausage Mushroom Pizza from scratch, down to the homemade yeast dough!
I’ve used a lot of cheater pizza crusts over the years, but I’ve finally found a recipe that’s worth the extra effort.
Homemade Sausage Mushroom Pizza
It’s always a battle when we order pizza. The daughter wants plain cheese, I’d love anything full of veggies and mushrooms, and the guys want the heart attack, meat lovers’ special! This carb lover always yearns to make one of the best pan pizza recipes, too.
I fell for the combination of sausage, mushroom and black olives when we ordered carryout pizza at my in-laws. That was my intention with this pizza until I saw the black olives sitting on the counter when the pie was in the oven. But the puffy homemade crust made up for my omission.
Tips for Making Homemade Pizza
Making this sausage mushroom pizza entails a little planning. Of course, it’s easier to have some premade dough in the fridge, ready to go, but with a stand mixer and an hour set aside, a fabulous homemade crust can be yours. Plus it’s a heck of a lot better than dough out of a can, I guarantee.
- This pizza dough is made with yeast, so it requires one hour of proofing time in a warm spot.
- I used the dough hook on my stand mixer to do all the kneading, so it took little effort to get the dough ready to rise. It can also be
- I’m a fan of Red Star Platinum Yeast, which is an instant yeast. It’s not necessary to dissolve it in water, but I still do.
- PRO-Tip: Make sure your water isn’t too hot (I aim for 110-115 º) or it will kill your yeast. I have never had a failure using this yeast (as long as I make sure it is not expired).
More Pizza Recipes You’ll Love:
- 5-Minute Pizza Sauce from Crunchy Creamy Sweet
- Fresh Fruit Pizza
- Mini Margherita Pizzas from The Cookie Rookie
- Stuffed Mushrooms from Amanda’s Cookin’
- Pizza Margherita
- The Best Pan Pizza: How, Why, and What to Put on It by Foodie with Family
Used to Make Sausage Mushroom Pizza:
Find More Pizza, Pasta and Italian Recipes on my Pinterest Board!
Dough for two pizzas:
Toppings for one pizza:
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 853 Total Fat: 33g Saturated Fat: 13g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 19g Cholesterol: 65mg Sodium: 1806mg Carbohydrates: 103g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 8g Sugar: 8g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 36g