Did you know it’s National Pizza Month? The next time you order a pizza or two for dinner, finish your meal with this vibrant and delicious Fresh Fruit Pizza!
Add whatever fruit you’d like for your own customizable dessert pizza. Just as perfect for a summer gathering as for a casual grand finale for a pizza party.
Fresh Fruit Pizza
How does this sound: a soft sugar cookie crust topped with a dreamy cream cheese frosting and garnished with colorful glazed fresh fruit? Pretty darn good, right? I dug out my pizza pan and pat out a round of cookie dough to form the crust. My favorite icing was spread over the baked cookie before artfully placing berries and fruit over the surface. What a perfect way to celebrate pizza!!
National Pizza Month
If not for the Sunday Supper gang, I’d have no idea that it was the month of the pizza. My Pizza Margherita is one of the few entrees that the whole family loves. I have one, not to be named daughter, who favors plain cheese pizza, while the guys want the meat lovers, heart attack special. I love a more gourmet version with a fair share of veggies like artichokes, spinach, and mushrooms. But I get vetoed every time. So why not go with a dessert pizza? Dilemma solved. Check out all the amazing pizzas created by the the Sunday Supper Tastemakers.
Tips for Making a Fresh Fruit Pizza
This fun dessert pizza can be tweaked so many ways. Use just strawberries or try a different cookie recipe for the crust. Here are some of my tips to help make your dessert pizza perfect every time.
- Use chilled cookie dough to make your crust. This helps prevent undue spreading when it’s baked.
- If the dough happens to spread too much when it comes out of the oven, just use your spatula to tap the crust back while it’s still warm and pliable.
- For a shortcut, feel free to use a refrigerated store bought cookie dough.
- Feel free to make the crust from any flavored cookie dough. A sugar cookie dough, though, is the most versatile.
- Top with a single fruit, like all strawberry slices or whatever combination appeals to you!
More Pizza Recipes:
- Cool Veggie and Ranch Pizza Appetizer by Positively Stacey
- Pepperoni Cheese Pizza Sliders by Family Around the Table
- Pizza Beef Wontons by Asian in America
- Pizza Potato Skins by Casa de Crews
- Cinnamon Roll Pizza by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Home Canned Pizza Sauce by What Smells So Good?
- Caramel Apple Dessert Pizza by The Foodie Affair
- Cheesecake Pizza by The Redhead Baker
- Coconut Macaroon Pizza by Pies and Plots
- Fresh Fruit Pizza by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Bacon Jam, Pear and Butternut Squash Pizza by Caroline’s Cooking
- Bagel Pizzas by And She Cooks
- BBQ Bacon Mango Pizza by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Candy Corn Pizza by Palatable Pastime
- Chicago Deep Dish Pizza by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Chicken Pesto Calzone by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Chicken Pot Pie French Bread Pizza by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Chicken Vegetable Pizza (Low-Carb) by My Life Cookbook
- Copycat UNO’s Pizza by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Deep Dish Fondue Pizza by Momma’s Meals
- Deluxe Imo’s Pizza Lasagna Rolls by Crazed Mom
- Easy French Bread Pizza by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Everything Pizza Tartin by Sunday Supper Movement
- Fall Veggie Pizza by The Culinary Compass
- Gluten Free Curried Pumpkin Chicken Pizza by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Grilled Pepperoni and Sausage Pizza Wraps by Food Lust People Love
- Hawaiian Pizza Salad by Cricket’s Confections
- Homemade Pan Pizza by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Lahmacun (Turkish Pizza) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Lunchtime Pizza Muffins by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Meatball Sub Pizza by Life Tastes Good
- Mexican Pizza by Moore or Less Cooking
- Mexican-Style Corn Tortilla Pizzas by Home Sweet Homestead
- Mom’s Family Style Cavatini by Powered by BLING
- Onion Tart by Wholistic Woman
- Philly Cheesesteak Flatbread Pizza by Family Foodie
- Pizza Grilled Cheese by Eat, Drink and Be Tracy
- Pizza Pot Pies by Brunch-n-Bites
- Pizza Steak Hoagie by The Freshman Cook
- Pizza Toscana by Cooking with Carlee
- Roasted Garlic and Spinach Pizza with Balsamic Onions by Helpful Homemade
- Rustic Bacon & Citrus Pizza by Gourmet Everyday
- Sausage and Peppers Pizza by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Sausage Arugula Pizza by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts and Bacon Grilled Pizza by Our Good Life
- Spinach and Feta Stuffed Pizza Bread by Mindy’s Cooking Obsession
- Supreme Breakfast Pizza by The Crumby Cupcake
- Taco Dip Pizza by Hardly a Goddess
- Tandoori Chicken Pizza with Fresh Basil and Mozzarella by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- The Mac Pizza by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Vegan Margherita Pizza by Simple and Savory
Fresh Fruit Pizza
A vibrant, delicious dessert pizza with a sugar cookie crust and cream cheese frosting! Crust adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction,
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 6 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- Fresh fruit, sliced as needed (I used blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, green grapes, and kiwi)
- 1/4 cup trained apricot jam to glaze, optional
- Cream the butter and sugar with a hand mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cornstarch. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix until just combined. Cover and chill at least 30 minutes, but longer is better to prevent spreading when baked.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 12-inch pizza pan and pat the cold cookie dough into a flat round. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until very light brown. Do not over-bake. Cool before frosting.
- To make frosting, whip the cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and lemon juice and mix until combined. Add the powdered sugar and mix until well incorporated.
- Spread frosting over cooled crust leaving about ½-inch of the edge unfrosted. Arrange fruit in concentric circles as desired.
- To glaze, heat the strained apricot jam with a teaspoon of water. I used the microwave. Using a pastry brush, glaze the fruit.
- To serve, cut in wedges.
You Might Like:
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.