Party mix is always a popular choice for parties, and this addicting White Chocolate Cashew Party Mix recipe is perfect for holiday entertaining! Or bag it up with a cute holiday tag for holiday food gifts.
I was compensated by PLANTERS for posting about their Deluxe Mixed Nuts and Cashews on Instagram. As always, all opinions are my own.
Holiday White Chocolate Cashew Party Mix
I love any excuse to make this irresistible white chocolate party mix. Often called “white trash,” the inspiration for this recipe appeared in our local Junior League cookbook, Winners, years ago.
That party mix had a variety of Chex cereal, Cheerios and peanuts. I tweaked the recipe to add my favorites ingredients. I always pick the cashews out of a nut bowl if given the opportunity, so swapping out the peanuts for PLANTERS cashews was a must. Plus the Christmas colored M&M’s make it so festive! This holiday white chocolate cashew party mix is highly adaptable, but I think you’ll love my version.
White Chocolate Party Mix for an Appetizer Board or Dessert Buffet
I was hosting our dinner club and wanted to scale down on appetizers. Having a few slabs of cheese, some fruit, crackers, nuts and this holiday party mix was just right. Not too much to spoil our appetites, and something for everyone!
For holiday parties, if you’re serving a few different desserts, a bowl of this holiday white chocolate party mix is a perfect addition.Those with a lighter appetite can nibble on this sweet salty treat. If you love white chocolate as much as I do, you’ll want to make some other white chocolate treats, too.
Cheese Board Tips
When having a crowd over for drinks or a meal, I love making a cheese board. So easy and no cooking involved! Here are a few of my tips for the best results.
- Have a odd number of cheeses. I usually serve 3 or 5 different cheeses depending on the size of my group and what else I have on the menu.
- Vary the firmness, flavor, origin of your cheeses. Soft and hard cheeses, mild and sharp flavored cheeses, plus cow’s, goat’s and sheep’s milk cheeses.
- Serve a variety of crackers, crisps and toasts. I usually have a gluten free option available.
- Intersperse seasonal fresh and dried fruit, jams, and nuts. A bowl of dip or a snack mix is also a terrific addition. Try for a variety of sizes and textures for visual appeal.
- Also watch your color palate. The reds and oranges of the fruit and cheeses made for a cohesive, but not too matchy-matchy look. I love grouping each ingredient together.
- Pick a pretty platter or wooden cutting board for your arrangement. Add cheese knives and spreaders as needed.
Party Mix Ingredients
PLANTERS Deluxe Nuts
PLANTERS has been my go-to brand of nuts since I was a child. If you want the best of the best, look for their Deluxe Whole Cashews and Deluxe Mixed Nuts. Perfect in my Holiday White Chocolate Party Mix or for eating out of hand.
Party Mix Posers
Three out of 8 of our dinner club members were around for my initial photo shoot. They were good sports as they had to pause before digging in so I could get a few shots! I hope you’ll whip up a batch of this white chocolate party mix for your next gathering!
More Snack Mix Recipes
- 8 ounces good quality white chocolate, chopped
- 4 cups Rice Chex
- 1 cup pretzels, I used Snaps
- 1 cup whole cashews, I used Planters Deluxe Whole Cashews
- 3/4 cup M & M's, holiday colors
- In a heat safe bowl, microwave white chocolate, stopping and stirring at 30 second intervals until smooth and melted.
- In a large bowl, combine Chex, pretzels, cashews and M & M's. Slowly drizzle white chocolate over mixture, stopping to gently toss, until all the mix is evenly coated.
- Spread mixture out onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Let cool.
- Break into bite-sized pieces and store in an airtight container.
Serving Size:1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 282Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 223mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 1gSugar: 21gProtein: 4g