This Berry Cheesecake Flag Dessert is a revamping of one of our favorite summer treats for Independence Day. Usually decked out with just strawberries, this version has blueberries representing the blue field and strawberries echoing the stripes of the American flag.
Berry Cheesecake Flag Dessert
I make an iteration of this dessert every summer. The family goes nuts for the filling of whipped cream, cream cheese, sugar and a smidgen of lemon juice over a sweet shortbread crust. I pile on the berries and glaze them with red currant jelly. But this time, I was more precise when arranging the strawberries and blueberries till my 9 x 13 resembled an American flag. I’d done this before for our annual Fourth of July party and it was time for a reprisal!
Easy to Make Patriotic Dishes
Though this berry cheesecake flag dessert has a 2-hour chilling time, there’s nothing too complicated about the recipe. It can be easily whipped up in the morning and parked in the fridge while you prepare the rest of the meal,
You’ll be a superstar if you show up to an Independence Day party or picnic with this sublime dessert that represents Old Glory and the good ol’ USA. Happy 4th, everyone!!!
Oh Say Can You See Desserts
- All-American Patriotic Dessert Tarts by Family Around The Table
- Berry Cheesecake Flag Dessert by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cherry Vanilla Poke Cake by Cookin’ Mimi
- Easy (No Bake!) Two Bite Berry Pies by Cooking With Carlee
- Firecracker Muddy Buddies by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Homemade Snow Cones by Palatable Pastime
- Patriotic Smoothie Pops by Crazed Mom
- Red, White, and Blue Berry Pound Cake Bites by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Red, White and Blue Fruit Kabob Flag by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Red, White, and Blue Fruit Tart by Life Tastes Good
- Red, White, and Blue M&M Cookies by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Red White and Blue Parfaits by Desserts Required
- Red, White, and Blue Rice Krispie Treats by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Rice Krispies Treat Birthday Cake by Pies and Plots
- Rosemary Cookies with Tomato Jam by The Finer Cookie
Berry Cheesecake Flag Dessert
Glazed berries over a whipped cheesecake filling and buttery shortbread crust are arranged to resemble an American flag. Perfect patriotic dessert.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 24 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert, Cheesecake, Holiday
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup cold butter (2 sticks)
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 2–3 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice (juice of one lemon)
- 2 cups heavy cream cream
- 16 ounces fresh strawberries, sliced in half with stems removed
- 4 ounces fresh blueberries
- 2–3 tablespoons red currant jelly
- To make the crust, mix the first three ingredients until crumbly like pie crust. Pat into a 9 x13 pan. Bake at 350º for 15-20 minutes until light brown.
- To make the filling, mix the cream cheese, sugar, and lemon juice. Fold in well-whipped cream. Spread evenly on cooled crust.
- Arrange blueberries in rows to form a rectangle field of blue over one corner of the filling as pictured. Then arrange strawberries in rows to represent the stripes of the flag. Melt jelly and gently brush over berries to glaze (allow the jelly to cool slightly after melting). Chill at least 2 hours before serving.