White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
This quintessential recipe for soft, chewy White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies will have you swooning!!!
Using dark brown sugar and extra vanilla gives the macadamia cookie dough an extra boost of delicious, caramel flavor! You won’t want to share!
Why You Must Make
- These taste like bakery cookies except you get to eat them fresh out of the oven.
- They taste amazing!
- They are super easy to make.
I packaged up the nutty version and trekked across the Midwest to my high school reunion. I loved their questions: “Did you make these?” and “Is there butter in these?” as well as, “When will these be on your blog?” Yes, a LOT, and soon were my answers. I even got some of the health nuts to partake. They’re worth a few extra minutes on the treadmill! If you like chewy cookies, check out these pointers before you bake up a batch:
- PRO-Tip: To make chewy cookies, do not use a mixer to add the flour. A wooden spoon will do the trick without adding any excess air to the batter.
- Use room temperature butter and eggs for the easy incorporation of the wet and dry ingredients.
- Do not over-bake your cookies or they won’t be soft. Watch for the edges to brown and the middle to look slightly underdone as the residual heat of the cookie sheet will continue the baking process after you pull the cookies out of the oven.
- PRO-Tip: Look for a recipe with brown sugar. Dark brown sugar is even better as the extra molasses in the latter helps keep your cookies moist. Eggs and even an extra egg yolk will do the same.
- I made white chocolate chunks by chopping up Ghirardelli white chocolate bars. White chocolate chips can be substituted if that’s your preference.
Frequently Asked Questions
Many cookies freeze well, and these are no exception. Cool them completely on a wire rack, then layer them in a gallon, freezer-safe Ziploc bag or an airtight container. You want to cookies to lie flat in the freezer so don’t just dump them in the bag, but instead, layer them in an orderly fashion. This will prevent them from breaking.
These cookies keep well in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. After that, store in the freezer as directed above for up to 3 months.
You May Also Like:
- Double Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies from Crazy for Crust
- M&M White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- Coconut White Chocolate Truffles
- Oreo White Chocolate Fudge
- Vanilla Cake with White Chocolate Buttercream
- White Chocolate Bundt Cake
- More of My Best Dessert Recipes
- More of My Best Cookie Recipes
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies Recipe
The best recipe for these classic White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies. Adapted from Diethood
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 8 ounces white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line a baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In your mixer, cream butter, sugar and brown sugar. Add eggs and vanilla and mix till combined.
- Gently stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture; mix until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in the chopped white chocolate and macadamia nuts.
- Spoon out generous tablespoons of dough onto the prepared cookie sheets, leaving 2 inches between cookies.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the edges are light brown. Slightly under baking will make for a chewy cookie.
- Remove from oven, let cool for a couple minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
Adapted from Diethood.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:2 cookies
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 168Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 82mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 2g
65 Comments on “White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies”
I was looking for a cookie recipe for the whole family and I stumbled on this article. I read and followed the instructions carefully and I made it deliciously! Every member of my family is so happy! Thanks for this
Truly one of my favorite cookie flavors! LOVE, love, love these tasty bites 🙂 Pinned!
These make great party snacks! xoxo
These are SO worth a little extra time on the treadmill! I’m with you on the nuts – extra for me! And I love that you used dark brown sugar and extra vanilla for flavor depth in these classic cookies. Looking forward to trying your recipe!