Macadamia nut cookies studded with white chocolate M&M’s just makes them more irresistible! This is an indulgently delicious, easy cookie recipe!
M&M White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
I was scheduled to put on my Lifestyle Expert hat on and discuss “orange” cooking tools for a local TV segment. It was close to Halloween and apparently folks love a splash of orange in the kitchen for the holiday. But, to keep my food blogger status in good standing, I also needed to bring a treat for the crew. I thought of my Killer Pumpkin Bars with their thick coating of cream cheese frosting, but decided to shake up my favorite White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies with some festive M&M’s.
I nabbed a bag of White Chocolate Candy Corn M&M’s at Target and swapped out some of the white chocolate chips for the candy coated chocolates. Little did I know that these orange, yellow and white morsels were not filled with plain ol’ white chocolate but instead white chocolate with candy corn flavoring. Hmmmmm. I’m not sure I’d go that route again. But M&M’s can be found in all sorts of colors and flavors, so go with what works with the season or the holiday du jour when you make your version of M&M White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies!
A Major Loss to the Blogger Community
This blog post is dedicated to a dear blogger friend who left this world way too early. She went to bed with a “stomachache” and didn’t wake up in the morning. Joan had the extremely popular blog, Chocolate Chocolate and More.
She was kind and generous and only 49 years old when she passed away from a heart attack (please scroll to the bottom of this post for symptoms of a heart attack in women). Her death has created a huge void in the blogging world. A savvy business woman, Joan shared so many tips with me as well as so of my foodie friends.
Photo courtesy of Shanna Schad
We belonged to a small Facebook group and would frequently meet sans makeup, in pjs, with our beverage of choice by our computers for a Google chat. Ideas would fly back and forth and I learned so much from this blogging dynamo.
Joan took her chocolate/dessert centered blog to the top of the blogger realm. But she always took time for to network with her blogger peeps–and Joan will live on through her blog.
Her recipes are easy and approachable. Not to mention delicious! Each click will continue to bring in revenue to assist Joan’s three children. They will benefit from us all keeping her blog alive. I’ve added some links below to a few of her amazing recipes. Rest in peace, my friend. I’ll toast you with a cup of hot chocolate and a chocolate laden cookie till we meet again.
Signs of a Heart Attack in Women (they differ from men):
- Shortness of breath on exertion
- Heartburn (especially new heartburn)
- The usual achiness in chest, arms, jaw
- Back pain, nausea or just a gut feeling that something is wrong
Please realize that men and women can have different symptoms of a heart attack. A woman may never have the crushing chest pain that is classically thought of as heart pain. Pay attention to your body and trust your gut. Head to the ER or call 911 if you are concerned. Until you have an EKG and cardiac enzymes drawn, you won’t know for sure whether it’s your heart or something else causing your symptoms. I don’t want to lose another friend. Thank you!!!
With Joan, Kim and Dionne in Seattle, September 2014~
Before you make the M&M White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies, you might need:
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate M&M's, plus more to press into cookies when they come out of the oven
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line a baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In your mixer, cream butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Add eggs and vanilla and mix till combined.
- Gently stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture; mix until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in the chopped white chocolate, M&M's and macadamia nuts.
- Spoon out generous tablespoons of dough onto the prepared cookie sheets, leaving 2-inches between cookies.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the edges are light brown. Slightly under-baking will make for a chewy cookie.
- Remove from oven, press a few M&M's into each hot cookie, if desired, let cool for a couple minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
Serving Size:2 cookies
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 177 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 28mg Sodium: 87mg Carbohydrates: 19g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 9g Protein: 2g