These Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies are SO chock full of chocolate, you will swoon with with every single bite!!
Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
My baking buddy, Danielle, posted a picture of these Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies on facebook. They were chock full of gooey chocolate chunks. In a mere instant, I knew I had to try the recipe.
They came from Top Chef Just Dessert’s Eric who made them in the elimination challenge. The chocoholics residing at my house gave these high praise. The extra brown sugar and egg yolks made a chewy, caramelly base for loads of chocolate.
I’m now updating this post nearly 7 years later. I was heading to Iowa to my dearest friend’s father’s funeral. He was 92 years old and had lived life to the fullest. He cherished his family most of all. I spent as much time at their house as mine over the 12+ years I lived right around the corner.
To celebrate his memory, I brought a tin of these amazing, chocolate laden cookies to share the night after the funeral. You know they’re special when you hear “Where did these cookies come from?” and “Did somebody make these cookies?” I promise, you’ll love these ultra, thick and chewy chocolate chip cookies! Rest in Peace, Rog. You are missed.
More Recipes You’ll Love:
- Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies from Spend with Pennies
- Triple Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookies from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies from The Food Charlatan
- Layered Chocolate Chip Cookies from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Doubletree Cookie Recipe from The Little Kitchen
Chocolate Chip Cookies from Just Desserts
These Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies are SO chock full of chocolate, you will be swooning with every single bite!! Adapted from Eric on Just Desserts
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 14 mins
- Total Time: 34 mins
- Yield: 2 dozen 1x
- Category: Dessert, cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 3 sticks butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups very firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 2/3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt (use a bit more if using unsalted butter)
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 22 ounces chocolate wafers or good quality chocolate cut into chunks
- Preheat oven to 325º. Line cookie sheets with parchment.
- Melt butter and allow to cool slightly. Using stand mixer with paddle attachment, mix sugars and melted butter. Add eggs and yolks slowly and mix to combine. You can also do this with a hand mixer or with a wooden spoon. Don’t over beat.
- Whisk together dry ingredients. Add flour mixture and mix till just combined. Stir in chocolate.
- I used my 1/4 cup cookie scoop to make large rounds of dough. You could easily do this by