This Grilled Pork Chop Marinade magically transforms ordinary chops into a tender, juicy and flavorful entree!
This Easy Pork Chop Recipe just requires an overnight marinade to infuse sweet, salty, and citrus flavors into every bite. The process of osmosis draws deliciousness into every molecule.
Easy Pork Chops Marinade
It’s incredible what a terrific marinade can do for a cut of meat. These marinated pork chops were extremely tender and juicy. Just sensational. The soy and honey acted like a brine, drawing in both flavor and moisture. Think back to your high school science classes and osmosis.
That’s what happened to these chops as they soaked in their flavorful bath overnight. And the lemon juice tenderized the pork making them easy to slice with a table knife. This dish has just usurped all other pork chop recipes in my repertoire. You MUST try it.
Pork Chop Marinade
Each ingredient plays a part in flavoring this easy pork chop recipe. Many may already be in your kitchen.
- Garlic and Green Onions – these aromatics provide a sharp onion-like flavor
- Olive Oil – provides moisture
- Lemon Juice – brings acid which tenderizes
- Soy Sauce – provides sodium which encourages the infusion of the marinade into the pork
- Honey – brings sweetness to balance the other flavors
Our sons drop by on Sunday nights for dinner, and both of them and Bill gave this grilled pork chop recipe their enthusiastic endorsement. And I did, too. Shake up your pork chop routine by marinating and tossing these chops on the grill.
Serve this Easy Pork Chop Recipe with these dishes:
- Crispy Roast Potatoes from Amanda’s Cookin’
- Cheesy Potato Cups – another hubby approved recipe.
- Easy Rice Casserole
- Roasted Asparagus with Brown Butter
- Roasted Carrot Recipe
- More Side Dish Inspiration
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 3-5 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 thick, bone-in pork chops
- Combine all ingredients except pork chops in gallon zip top bag. Seal and agitate to mix. Add pork chops and allow to marinate in refrigerator overnight, flipping once or twice if able.
- Remove chops from marinade and grill to desired doneness.
Yield: 4 servings
Total time: 30 minutes excluding marinating time
Total time does not include marinating time.
Serving Size:1 chop
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 549Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 132mgSodium: 1849mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 43g
I’m starting a new series of Skinny Tips. How I keep slim is one of my most frequent inquiries. I’ll feature tips on some of my upcoming blog posts.
Tip #22: Don’t skip meals. You tend to get over-hungry (ravishing in my case) when you don’t eat for a long period. When you finally do eat a meal, you are more likely to overeat, consuming more calories than you would have if you’d eaten two separate meals. So don’t skip breakfast (or lunch or dinner).