These lightened up Rum Spiked Chocolate Chip Cookies have a boost of flavor and less fat than your typical chocolate chip recipe!
Rum Spiked Chocolate Chip Cookies
According to my husband, chocolate chip cookies are perfect for any occasion. In fact, he nearly has withdrawals when I don’t make a weekly batch. My friend, Aly, came to the rescue with her twist on the classic. She made these Rum Spiked Chocolate Chip Cookies by adding both rum and vanilla to the mix gave a terrific enhancement to the dough, plus using only egg whites and less butter made these a guilt free treat (as long as you don’t eat the whole batch in one sitting!).
Aly writes the marvelous blog, Cooking in Stilettos, and we both have a penchant for beautiful shoes. She is a blogger friend as well as a real life friend and inspiration. She helps keep me on top of the latest blogger trends and happenings, so please pop on over to her blog to say hello. She’s my second assignment for December’s Blogger Clue.
Being that I typically bake decadent, fat laden desserts, I was a bit apprehensive whether I’d like these or not. I should have known that Aly wouldn’t lead me astray. With my first bite through the crisp sugary exterior into the sweet soft center, I realized those worries were for naught. Aly’s recipe for these Rum Spiked Chocolate Chip Cookies called for spiced rum, which I didn’t have, so I used my bottle of Diplomatico rum. She also brushed the tops with rum and I skipped this step. I also used only one tablespoon of rum and my dough seemed a little dry…but they baked up perfectly. If you’d like more rum flavor, up the amount to two tablespoons. Thanks, Aly, for the terrific Rum Spiked Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe!
The Rest of the Blogger CLUE reveals:
This month we are sharing recipes you might find on your grandmother’s table. My paternal grandmother passed away when I was 6, but I do remember her with a purse full of candy when she came to visit. My maternal grandmother was more of a cookie baker, but they both appreciated a little something sweet. I have a feeling they’d both approve of these Rum Spiked Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- Lemon Mascarpone Layer Cake from Liz at That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Beef Barley Soup from Kate at Kate’s Kitchen
- Scrambled Egg Sandwich from Christiane at Taking on Magazines
- Mexican Hot Chocolate Mix from Debra at Eliot’s Eats
- Ginger Snap Cookies from Lisa at Authentic Suburban Gourmet
- Scalloped Potato Cottage Pie from Ramona at Curry and Comfort
- Lemon Chicken Thighs from Janet at From Cupcakes to Caviar
- Cranberry Cream Cheese Dream Bars from Christy from Culinary Diva
- Persimmon Syrup and Persimmon Smash Cocktail from Alice at A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen
- Smoky Potato Corn and Poblano Chowder from Azmina at Lawyer Loves Lunch
- Apple Butter and Body Lotion from Kelli at Kelli’s Kitchen
- Hershey’s Candy Cane Cookies from Susan from Create Amazing Meals
- Brats and Kraut from Lea Ann at Cooking on the Ranch
- Chocolate Pecan Fudge from Kathy from Bakeaway with Me
- Pumpkin Scones from Anna at Anna Dishes
- Roasted and Stuffed Eggplant from Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- Swedish Dark Rye Bread from Wendy at A Day in the Life On a Farm
- Spelt Dinner Rolls from Jean at Lemons and Anchovies
- Rum Spiked Chocolate Chip Cookies from Liz at That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 134 Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 8mg Sodium: 91mg Carbohydrates: 22g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 14g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 1g