This Easy Pork Scaloppine is a speedy weeknight dinner that’s absolutely delicious over buttered egg noodles! A family-friendly recipe!
Easy Pork Scaloppine
My family loves pork. When my youngest, Nick, was little, pork chops were almost always requested for his birthday dinner. In about first grade, he drew a ham on his favorite things collage for Thanksgiving. Yup, he is his father’s son, a junior carnivore. One of my longtime foodie friends and former caterer, Kaye, directed me to this Martha Stewart recipe for easy pork scaloppine years ago. Quick and delicious, it makes our meal rotation a couple of times a year.
How to Make Pork Scaloppine
Medallions of pork tenderloin are sautéd in butter, then combined with mushrooms and celery in a simple cream sauce. Served over buttery noodles, dinner is ready in a flash. Summer through winter, we utilize our charcoal grill for as many Sunday night meals as possible. But this winter brought us more inclement weather than usual. A couple of Sundays ago, Bill and our oldest, Tom, were returning from a visit to my in-laws and I had defrosted some pork tenderloin to grill.
The weather just didn’t cooperate so I made a quick run to the market for mushrooms and dinner plans were made. Easy pork scaloppine was our new entree.
You loyal readers know the picky palate and fungus phobia of the hubby, so I had a small helping of the pork heaped with almost every single mushroom. No complaints from either of us. And Tom will basically eat anything that’s free and he doesn’t have to cook himself. Whew.
- Adapted from Martha Stewart
- 2 pork tenderloins (trimmed and cut into 3/4-1 inch slices)
- 4 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 stalks celery (cut into 1/8 inch slices)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Parsley (chopped, for optional garnish)
- Egg noodles (for serving)
- Pound meat slices to 1/3 inch thickness with a meat mallet (place in a ziplock bag or cover with plastic wrap to avoid splatters. Season both sides of meat with salt and pepper.)
- In a large skillet, melt one tablespoon of butter. Saute about half the meat, till browned on each side. Remove to plate while you cook the other half, using another tablespoon of butter. Remove remaining pork to plate.
- Add 2 more tablespoons of butter to the pan and add mushrooms and celery. Season with salt and pepper and saute till mushrooms are lightly browned. Add chicken broth and cook till the liquid reduces about 5 minutes. Add cream and heat till warm. Add parsley if using and adjust seasonings if necessary. Return meat to pan and gently toss to coat pork with cream sauce.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 207 Total Fat: 14g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 64mg Sodium: 345mg Carbohydrates: 10g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 2g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 10g