What Are Pizookies??
If you’re anything like me, Pizookies have not been on your radar. But they will be after today. The term is a blend of the words pizza and cookie…a pan cookie usually served warm with a scoop of ice cream. Nice, eh?
Today’s Sunday Supper theme is Man Food, and for those of you who are loyal blog followers, you know my hubby would pick a chocolate chip cookie over almost any other dessert.
When we’re traveling, and exploring a new city, we cannot pass a bakery without a swing past their display cases. Bill does a quick once over, looking for a nut free chocolate chip cookie. More often than not, he’ll leave with a white paper sack with those coveted cookies tucked inside.
You may have noticed my blog has more than its fair share of chocolate chip cookies…I’ve tried all the so called “best” recipes, pan cookies and bar cookies. As you can imagine, these babies were quite popular.
I’d recommend divvying up the dough into 3 small skillets if you have them. Mine were quite deep and each could really serve 6 people! Just reduce the baking time. And I always underbake my cookies slightly so that the centers are doughy and chewy. Adjust to your liking.
When pizza meets cookies and chocolate chips are involved! A dessert to die for!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 10
- Category: Dessert, Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 sticks softened butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli chips)
- Preheat oven to 375º. Grease two (or three) 6-inch cast iron skillets. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugars till well blended. Add vanilla, eggs and egg yolk, and mix till light and creamy. Stir in flour, salt and baking soda till just incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips. Chilling dough is optional.
- Divide dough between prepared pans. Smooth tops. If using only 2 skillets and you have a little too much dough, you can make a couple cookies. Bake 25-30 minutes till edges are browned and centers look cooked. Cool slightly, then serve with a scoop of ice cream. Fudge or caramel sauce optional.
- BBQ Chicken Nacho by Country Girl in The Kitchen
- Beer Battered Fried Mushrooms by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Burrata Bresaola and Arugula Appetizer by Family Foodie
- Chicken Satay with Spicy Peanut Sauce by Hip Foodie Mom
- Chipotle Pork Belly-Stuffed Jalapeño Poppers by The Redhead Baker
- Coconut Beer-Battered Prawns with Spicy Marmalade by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Devils on Horseback by Nosh My Way
- Fried Pickles by Cookin’ Mimi
- Garlic and Herb Wine Jelly by What Smells So Good?
- Maple Sriracha Chicken Wings by Manu’s Menu
- Tomato Bacon Jam by Feed Me, Seymour
- Bacon Bourbon BBQ Burgers by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Bacon Cheeseburger Crustless Quiche by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Beef Barbacoa by Casa de Crews
- Beef Short Rib Sandwich by Life Tastes Good
- Beer Brats with Pepper Relish by Jelly Toast
- Beer Can Chicken by Curious Cuisiniere
- Chicago Style-Pizza by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Chili Dog Casserole by Simple Gourmet
- Chipotle Pork Chops by girlichef
- Coconut & Lime Grilled Shrimp Skewers by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Colossal Burger by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Gluten Free Lemon Pepper Wings by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Grilled Chipotle Chicken Pizza by Peaceful Cooking
- Grilled Lobster with Miso Butter by Kimchi MOM
- Grilled Sweet Guava Chicken by The Foodie Army Wife
- Ham and Pineapple Pizza Pockets by gotta get baked
- Huevos Rancheros Casserole by Pescetarian Journal
- Lacquered Short Ribs in the Slow Cooker by Shockingly Delicious
- Maple Chipotle Barbecue Pork Tenderloin by Flavor Mosaic
- Meatball Burger on Garlic Bread by Healthy.Delicious.
- Mom’s Slow Roasted Brisket by Food Lust People Love
- Perfectly Pan Seared Steak by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Pollo al Peperoncino by Run DMT
- Polish Coal Miner Piggies (Stuffed Cabbage Rolls- Golabki) by Rants from my Crazy Kitchen
- Red Chile Shredded Chicken Tacos. How to win over your man’s stomach and steal his heart. by Simply Healthy Family
- Ropa Vieja by Meal Diva
- Salt of the Earth Ribs by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Salisbury Steak w/ Loaded Mashed Potatoes and Mushroom Gravy by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Smoked Turkey Drumsticks by Cindy’s Recipes and Writing
- Stuffed Chipotle Bacon Cheese Burgers by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Stuffed Pork Chops by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Tex-Mex Gut Buster Chili by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- The Cleveland Hogg Burger by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Beer Funnel Cake by Killer Bunnies, Inc.
- Black Forest Cake by Noshing with the Nolands
- Carob Chip Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Chunky Monkey Vegan Banana Bread by Ninjabaking.com
- Classic Cheesecake by Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Fat Man’s Pie by Magnolia Days
- Mandarin orange cake aka southern pig pickin’ cake by Baking & Browning
- Pizookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Grilled Pound Cake Stacks with Roasted Strawberries by Melanie Makes
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie With Mascarpone Cream by La Bella Vita Cucina
Wine Pairings for Man Food #SundaySupper byENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our#SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here—>Sunday Supper Movement.