Homemade Pizookies: This decadent pan cookie is a divine treat for those chocolate chip cookie lovers in your life! You will swoon with your first bite of this giant Pizza Cookie!
If you’re anything like me, Homemade Pizookies have not been on your radar. But they will be after today. The term is a blend of the words pizza and cookie…a pan cookie usually served warm with a scoop of ice cream. Nice, eh? Who wouldn’t approve of a huge Pizza Cookie???
Skillet Pizza Cookie
When we’re traveling, and exploring a new city, we cannot pass a bakery without a swing past their display cases. Bill does a quick once over, looking for a nut-free chocolate chip cookie. More often than not, he’ll leave with a white paper sack with those coveted cookies tucked inside.
You may have noticed my blog has more than its fair share of chocolate chip cookies…I’ve tried all the so-called “best” recipes, pan cookies and bar cookies. As you can imagine, these babies were quite popular.
I’d recommend divvying up the dough into 3 small skillets if you have them. Mine were quite deep and each could really serve 6 people! Just reduce the baking time. And I always underbake my cookies slightly so that the centers are doughy and chewy. Adjust to your liking.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 sticks softened butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli chips)
- Preheat oven to 375º. Grease two (or three) 6-inch cast iron skillets. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugars till well blended. Add vanilla, eggs and egg yolk, and mix till light and creamy. Stir in flour, salt and baking soda till just incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips. Chilling dough is optional.
- Divide dough between prepared pans. Smooth tops. If using only 2 skillets and you have a little too much dough, you can make a couple cookies. Bake 25-30 minutes till edges are browned and centers look cooked. Cool slightly, then serve with a scoop of ice cream. Fudge or caramel sauce optional.
Serving Size:1 wedge
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 520 Total Fat: 28g Saturated Fat: 17g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 74mg Sodium: 311mg Carbohydrates: 64g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 38g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 6g