Juicy, peak of the season fruit is tossed with honey, fresh lime juice, zest and poppy seeds for this magnificent Honey Lime Fruit Salad!
I’m always looking for some healthy fare at summer parties to balance out the yummy potato and pasta salads and juicy burgers. A seasonal fruit salad always gets rave reviews!
Honey Lime Fruit Salad
It’s hot, it’s humid, it’s sultry. Who feels like eating after chasing the puppy (though she is darned cute) through the yard as she chomps on every hosta leaf she can get her teeth into? Not me.
So having a light, sweet melange of dressed fruit in the fridge is the perfect remedy when those hunger pangs return. I selected some fresh berries, grapes, melon, peaches, cherries and more, then tossed them in a sweet citrus salad dressing speckled with poppy seeds.
Tips for Making this Honey Lime Fruit Salad
I would definitely gravitate to this rainbow-colored seasonal fruit salad at any gathering. This salad is perfect for picnics and barbecues in the summer, but just as splendid with fall and winter fruits when the weather changes.
- PRO-Tip: the acidity of the lime juice prevents the fruits like peaches and bananas from browning. But I’d still wait to add those ingredients closer to the serving time for the freshest appearance.
- I’d recommend at least three different colored fruit as a minimum; any of your favorites will do. And this recipe easily scales down for a family meal.
- Leftovers are great for breakfast, and this combination of summer fruit makes a healthy dessert, too!
- Make sure to cut your fruit into bite sized pieces, especially if there are children at the gathering.
- Wondering whether you can make this fruit salad ahead of time? YES, you can do most of the work the day before you plan to serve!
- Add all the fruit to the bowl, except the bananas and peaches which will brown or oxidize when exposed to the air. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap.
- Make the salad dressing, cover with plastic wrap. Then all you have to do the next day is slice some bananas and peaches into the bowl, add the dressing and gently toss.
Looking for more spectacular salads? Check out my Gorgeous Salads and Sides Pinterest Board. And for holidays, my Holiday Fruit Salad or Ambrosia Salad are killer!! You might also like this Damn Good Fruit Salad or this Sugared Walnut Fruit Salad. Plus find more terrific Salad Recipes in my Recipe Index.
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 10 cups mixed fresh fruit, cut to bite-sized pieces
- Whisk together lime juice, honey, zest, vanilla and poppy seeds.
- Place fresh fruit in a large serving bowl. Pour dressing over fruit and toss gently.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Recipe adapted from The Gathering Place B&B.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 152Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 4mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 3gSugar: 31gProtein: 1g