Try this Easy Slow Cooker Apple Crisp with Oatmeal when you need a quick and delectable dessert! Your kitchen will be filled with the most amazing aroma while it’s cooking!
Easy Slow Cooker Apple Crisp
I hardly ever use my slow cooker, especially when it comes to dessert. There are some amazing crock pot desserts out there, but I needed to get on the bandwagon. This Easy Slow Cooker Apple Crisp with Oatmeal reminded me of how quick and painless baking a dish in a crock pot can be!
Bill would prefer there was not oatmeal in the topping, but it helps maintain the structure of the topping during the 4 hour cooking time. I, on the other hand, love an oat streusel on a crisp. Sometimes I win these battles, though my husband would insist I win more than I lose. A cook’s prerogative!
How to Make an Easy Slow Cooker Apple Crisp with Oatmeal
This is definitely a no-brainer recipe. The most difficult part is peeling and slicing the apples. You just add them to the crockpot, mix up the dry topping ingredients then work in the butter using a pastry blender or your fingers (messy, but works wonderfully!). Cook on low for 4 hours and you’ll have a hot, cinnamon spiced slow cooker apple crisp for dessert!
A Few Tips for how to make apple crisp:
- Use apples that will keep their shape when cooking, like Granny Smiths. Even these will lose most of their firmness–a common result of cooking apples in a slow cooker. The consistency of the end result resembles chunky applesauce.
- Don’t forget to put a double layer of paper towels between the lid and crock pot. As the crisp cooks and steam is produced, the paper towels absorb the steam instead of letting it condense and drip onto the topping.
- And my favorite tip: Top your warm slow cooker apple crisp with a nice scoop of vanilla ice cream that softens from the heat of the dessert. Heavenly.
More Slow Cooker Desserts You’ll Love:
- Slow Cooker Peach Cobbler Recipe from A Spicy Perspective
- Slow Cooker Brownie Dessert from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Slow Cooker Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting from Mom on Timeout
- Slow Cooker Apple Pecan Bread Pudding from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Gooey Slow Cooker Caramel Blondies from Taste and Tell
Used in This Recipe:
- Cuisinart 6-Quart Crock-Pot
- OXO Dough Blender and Cutter (though using your fingers is an easy substitute)
- OXO Good Grips Swivel Peeler
- Nutmeg Grater (you can also use a kitchen rasp or any fine grater)
More Slow Cooker Comfort Food Recipes
Desserts, Breakfasts, and Sides
- Easy Slow Cooker Apple Crisp with Oatmeal by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Easy Slow Cooker Banana Coconut Pudding by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spice Baked Apples by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Slower Cooker Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding by A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter by Our Good Life
- Beef Brisket in Slow Cooker by Life Tastes Good
- Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff by Flour On My Face
- Crockpot Cabbage Rolls by My World Simplified
- Slow Cooker Asian BBQ Pork by Simple and Savory
- Slow Cooker Asian Garlic-Ginger Meatballs by The Weekend Gourmet
- Slow Cooker Beef Tips and Gravy by Sunday Supper Movement
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Slow Cooker Cube Steaks Paprika by Hardly A Goddess
- Slow Cooker Pepperoncini Chicken by Cricket’s Confections
- Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak by Soulfully Made
- Slow Cooker Short Ribs with Mushrooms by Cooking Chat
- Slow Cooker Swiss Steak by Palatable Pastime
- Slow Cooker Tinga de Pollo Poblano by Cooking On The Ranch
Soups, Stews, and Pastas
- Beef Massaman Curry (Slow Cooker) by Caroline’s Cooking
- Beefy Chili Mac by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Kid Friendly Mac and Cheese in a Crockpot by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pork & Lentil Stew by Gourmet Everyday
- Slow Cooker Baked Ziti by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Slow Cooker Curried Butternut Squash Soup by Bites of Wellness
- Slow Cooker Low Carb Mexican Casserole by My Life Cookbook
- Slow Cooker Pesto Mozzarella Chicken Pasta by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Slow Cooker Southwestern Pork Stew by The Freshman Cook
Easy Slow Cooker Apple Crisp with Oatmeal
This slow cooker version of apple crisp is super easy and comforting!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Dessert, Slow Cooker
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- 6 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 2/3 cup oatmeal (not quick oats)
- 2/3 cup flour
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- A few grates of fresh nutmeg
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
Add and arrange the sliced apples in the bottom of the slow cooker.
Mix together the oatmeal, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cut in the butter to make crumbs using a pastry blender or your fingers.
Crumble the oatmeal mixture over the apples.
Place a double layer of paper towels over the top of the slow cooker to absorb any condensation, then top with the lid. Cook on low for 4 hours.
Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream if desired.
- Calories: 381kcal
- Sugar: 32g
- Sodium: 9mg
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 56g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 41mg