Have you ever made a slow cooker dessert? A little mixing, then pouring into a slow cooker creates an ooey, gooey, delectable Slow Cooker Brownie Dessert! Super easy!
Slow Cooker Brownie Dessert
Autumn has arrived and we’re slowly moving away from the grill and light summer meals to hearty, cool weather comfort food. The oven is working full time now, with less danger of overheating the kitchen. No one likes a sweaty cook!
And I’ve even dusted off my crock pot so I can come home to the aroma of a slow-cooked meal ready to go. But have you ever thought of making a dessert in your crock pot?
There are tons of Slow Cooker Dessert Recipes out there—I’m just late to the game! When the Sunday Supper team decided to feature slow cooker recipes this week, I decided to research slow cooker dessert options. When I found a gooey, intensely chocolate slow cooker brownie dessert recipe, I was sold.
Rich, soft, with chunks of melted semi-sweet chocolate, these brownies exceeded my expectations. They win no beauty contest, but that’s not the point, is it?
A little smoke and mirrors by serving it with a scoop of cold vanilla ice cream and a couple berries and mint sprig, turn this delicious mound of chocolate decadence into a beautiful dessert. And do I even have to mention the marvelous scents emanating from my kitchen while this cooked?
And as another bonus, it’s a snap to make. I lined my crock pot insert with non-stick foil, used one bowl to mix all the ingredients and then transferred them into the cooker.
Three hours later, this brownie dessert was ready to eat. Perfect for tailgating at home or any gathering where your oven is already in use. If you are a fan of chocolate, you will be thrilled with this crockpot brownies dessert.
Slow Cooker Dessert Recipes You’ll Love:
- Slow Cooker Cherry Spice Cake Cobbler from Boulder Locavore
- Slow Cooker Apple Pecan Bread Pudding from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Slow Cooker Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting from Mom on Timeout
- 30+ Slow Cooker Recipes from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Slow Cooker Peach Cobbler from A Spicy Perspective
Used in This Recipe:Print
Slow Cooker Brownie Dessert
A decadent chocolate dessert easily made in a slow cooker
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 hours
- Total Time: 3 hours 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Dessert, Slow Cooker
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, melted, plus more for greasing foil
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Line the insert of a 4- or 6-quart slow cooker with a large piece of non-stick foil or use regular foil and butter well.
- Whisk together the melted butter, sugar, cocoa powder, flour, eggs, vanilla and salt in a medium bowl. Fold in the chocolate chunks.Pour the batter out into the prepared slow cooker in an even layer. Cover and cook on low for 3 hours or till cake is set around the edges and gooey in the center.
- Serve the cake warm, scooped into a bowl and topped with ice cream.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our#SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here—>Sunday Supper Movement.