Classic Buttermilk Pancakes always trump a box mix. Homemade with sugar, butter and buttermilk provides the perfect combination of sweetness and tenderness.
Classic Buttermilk Pancakes
30 Bloggers from around the country will showcase their best brunch dishes, from cocktails to casseroles, breakfast breads, sandwiches and salads – there is something for everyone. I’m sharing the perfect pancake recipe—you’ll never want that boxed mix version again after making these classic buttermilk pancakes !
If you’re looking for a healthier pancake, check out these perfect whole wheat pancakes.
Homemade Pancake Recipe
These homemade buttermilk pancakes are worth the extra couple minutes it takes to whip up a batch. Tender, flavorful with a touch of sweetness, they will be the best pancakes you’ve ever created. Move over box mix, we’re heading back to basics with this terrific from scratch recipe. Can you melt butter? Measure ingredients? Whisk a batter? Then you can make a memorable breakfast! Better yet, treat your mom to a stack of these Classic Buttermilk Pancakes for Mother’s Day.
More Brunch Recipes You’ll Love!
Grape Mojito from The Spiffy Cookie.
Caramelized Onion, Kale, Bacon and Cheddar Strata from Love and Confections.
Croque Madame Breakfast Casserole from Bread Booze Bacon.
Waldorf Quinoa Chicken Salad from Cupcake & Kale Chips.
Fruits, Vegetables and Sides:
Chilled Strawberry Soup from The Suburban Soapbox
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar, Dixie Crystals preferred
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 rounded teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In one bowl, whisk together egg, salt and sugar. Mix in buttermilk and set aside.
- In a second bowl, whisk together baking soda, baking powder and flour. Add to buttermilk mixture, then stir in butter till incorporated.
- Heat griddle and grease lightly. Pour rounds of batter onto hot griddle. Flip when bubbles on surface start to break, adjusting temperature of griddle as needed.
- Serve with butter, maple syrup, and berries if desired.