I shook up our ordinary hamburgers by making BLT Burgers with Spicy Mayonnaise!
We fire up the grill nearly every weekend throughout the summer and burgers are a frequent entree. For a change of pace, I friend up some bacon and whisked together a gourmet mayo for a scrumptious meal.
BLT Burgers with Spicy Mayonnaise
Summer is the perfect time for bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwiches. With juicy garden tomatoes, they can’t be beat. I took a cue from our favorite summer sandwich and created these BLT Burgers. With a double dose of bacon and sriracha mayonnaise, these are a cut above our usual fair. Finely minced or ground bacon is mixed into the ground beef and the usual toppings are piled up high. Nick was my first taste tester, but I had to nix the spicy mayonnaise for plain mayo for the hubby! Either is just fine.
National Hot Dog Month
With summer temps and the 4th of July, it’s no wonder that we’re in the midst of National Hot Dog Month! I hope you are inspired to fire up your BBQ and try these BLT burgers or one of these other wonderful, EASY summer entrees!
- Whiskey Burgers by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Italian Pesto Burger
- Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs
- Pinot Noir Burgers
- Grilled Butter Burgers (like Culver’s but BETTER!!)
- Grilled Guacamole Burgers
- Italian Pesto Burgers
- Mushroom Topped Pinot Noir Burgers
- More Beef Recipes
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1/4 cup ground or finely minced bacon
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Black pepper, a good pinch or to taste
For spicy mayo:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1-2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted if desired
- 4 bacon slices, cooked
- 4 tomato slices, thick slices
- 4 lettuce leaves
- Mix together ground chuck, bacon, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper. Form 4 hamburger patties.
- Make mayonnaise by whisking together mayonnaise, Sriracha, and ketchup. Set aside.
- Grill burgers to desired doneness. Toast buns if desired.
- Place burger on bottom half of bun and top with bacon, tomato, lettuce and mayo in whatever order you prefer.
Serving Size:1 burger
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 964Total Fat: 66gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 42gCholesterol: 180mgSodium: 1913mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 2gSugar: 7gProtein: 59g