BLT Burgers with Spicy Mayonnaise
I shook up our ordinary hamburgers by making BLT Burgers with Spicy Mayonnaise!
We fire up the grill nearly every weekend throughout the summer and burgers are a frequent entree. For a change of pace, I fried up some bacon and whisked together a gourmet mayo for a scrumptious meal featuring Bacon Burgers.
Why You Should Make this Bacon Burger Recipe
- Summer is the perfect time for bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwiches. With juicy garden tomatoes, they can’t be beat. I took a cue from our favorite summer sandwich and created these BLT Burgers.
- With a double dose of bacon and sriracha mayonnaise, these are a cut above your typical burgers.
- Finely minced or ground bacon is mixed into the ground beef and the usual toppings, including bacon, are piled up high. Nick was my first taste tester, but I had to nix the spicy mayonnaise for plain mayo for the hubby!
Tips for Making and Grilling Burgers
If you’re new to making your own hamburger patties or grilling, there are a few things to remember before tossing them on the grill.
- PRO-Tip: Buy 80/20 ground beef. The extra fat keeps the burgers moist.
- Do not compress the hamburger as you shape it into patties. Use a light touch.
- Use about 6 ounces per patty, make them at least as wide as your bun, with the center slightly thinner than the perimeter.
- Aim for burgers about 3/4-inches thick.
- Season both sides with kosher salt and pepper right before tossing on the grill. (Note: these burgers have both bacon and Worcestershire sauce added to the ground beef so no salt is needed).
- Make sure your grates are clean and lightly oiled to prevent sticking.
- Grill with the lid on, flipping at least once.
- If making cheeseburgers, add the cheese during the last minute of grilling. Replace the lid and let the cheese melt.
- Check the temperature of your burgers before serving. Note that raw hamburger may contain e-coli bacteria which can cause food poisoning. It is not killed until burgers are cooked to 160º, which is well done. So be cautious when serving young children, the elderly, or anyone with a compromised immune system.
More Tasty Burger Recipes:
With summer temps and the 4th of July, it’s no wonder that we’re in the midst of National Hot Dog Month! I hope you are inspired to fire up your BBQ and try these BLT burgers or one of these other wonderful, EASY summer entrees!
- Whiskey Burgers by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Italian Pesto Burger
- Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs
- Pinot Noir Burgers
- Grilled Butter Burgers (like Culver’s but BETTER!!)
- Grilled Guacamole Burgers
- Italian Pesto Burgers
- Mushroom Topped Pinot Noir Burgers
- More Beef Recipes
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1/4 cup ground or finely minced uncooked bacon
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Black pepper, a good pinch or to taste
For spicy mayo:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1-2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted if desired
- 4 bacon slices, cooked
- 4 tomato slices, thick slices
- 4 lettuce leaves
- Mix together ground chuck, bacon, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper. Form 4 hamburger patties.
- Make mayonnaise by whisking together mayonnaise, Sriracha, and ketchup. Set aside.
- Grill burgers to desired doneness. Toast buns if desired.
- Place burger on bottom half of bun and top with bacon, tomato, lettuce and mayo in whatever order you prefer.
Serving Size:1 burger
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 964Total Fat: 66gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 42gCholesterol: 180mgSodium: 1913mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 2gSugar: 7gProtein: 59g