BLT Burgers with Spicy Mayonnaise
I shook up our ordinary hamburgers by making BLT Burgers with Spicy Mayonnaise! With ground bacon in the burgers and crisp bacon on top of the burger, these will be a new summertime favorite!
We fire up the grill nearly every weekend throughout the summer and burgers are a frequent entree. For a change of pace, I fried up some bacon and whisked together a gourmet mayo for a scrumptious meal featuring Bacon Burgers.
Why You Must Make
- Summer is the perfect time for bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwiches. With juicy garden tomatoes, they are unbeatable. I took a cue from our favorite summer sandwich and created this delicious bacon burger recipe.
- With a double dose of bacon and sriracha mayonnaise, these are a cut above your typical burgers.
- Finely minced or ground bacon is mixed into the ground beef and the usual toppings, including bacon, are piled up high. Nick was my first taste tester, but I had to nix the spicy mayonnaise for plain mayo for the hubby!
Tips for Making and Grilling Burgers
If you’re new to making your own hamburger patties or grilling, there are a few things to remember before tossing them on the grill.
- PRO-Tip: Buy 80/20 ground beef. The extra fat keeps the burgers moist.
- Do not compress the hamburger as you shape it into patties. Use a light touch for tender burgers.
- Use about 6 ounces per patty, make them at least as wide as your bun, with the center slightly thinner than the perimeter. This helps the middle get done at the same time the perimeter does.
- Aim for burgers about ¾-inches thick.
- Season both sides with kosher salt and pepper right before tossing them on the grill. (Note: these burgers have both bacon and Worcestershire sauce added to the ground beef so no salt is needed).
- Make sure your grates are clean and lightly oiled to prevent sticking.
- Grill with the lid on, flipping at least once.
- If making cheeseburgers, add the cheese during the last minute of grilling. Replace the lid and let the cheese melt.
- Check the temperature of your burgers before serving. Note that raw hamburger meat (ground beef) may contain e-coli bacteria which can cause food poisoning. It is not killed until burgers are cooked to 145º, which is well done. So be cautious when serving young children, the elderly, or anyone with a compromised immune system.
More Tasty Burger Recipes:
With summer temps and the 4th of July, it’s no wonder that we’re in the midst of National Hot Dog Month! I hope you are inspired to fire up your BBQ and try these BLT burgers or one of these other wonderful, EASY summer entrees!
- Whiskey Burgers by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Italian Pesto Burger
- Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs
- Pinot Noir Burgers
- Grilled Butter Burgers (like Culver’s but BETTER!!)
- Grilled Guacamole Burgers
- Mushroom Topped Pinot Noir Burgers
- More Beef Recipes
Frequently Asked Questions
When making a bacon burger, the raw ground bacon is mixed with raw ground beef. Both the bacon and beef need to reach an internal temperature of 145° F to be safe to eat.
You can fry your hamburgers in bacon grease to add some bacon flavor or top your burgers with cooked bacon.
Any of your favorite toppings will work, even more bacon! Add cheese while the burgers are hot, or ketchup, mustard, lettuce, tomato slices, and/or onion slices.
- 1 pound ground chuck
- ¼ cup ground or finely minced uncooked bacon
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Black pepper, a good pinch or to taste
For spicy mayo:
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1-2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted if desired
- 4 bacon slices, cooked
- 4 tomato slices, thick slices
- 4 lettuce leaves
- Mix together ground chuck, bacon, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper. Form 4 hamburger patties.
- Make mayonnaise by whisking together mayonnaise, Sriracha, and ketchup. Set aside.
- Grill burgers to desired doneness. Toast buns if desired.
- Place the burger on the bottom half of the bun and top it with bacon, tomato, lettuce, and mayo in whatever order you prefer.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 burger
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 964Total Fat: 66gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 42gCholesterol: 180mgSodium: 1913mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 2gSugar: 7gProtein: 59g