Apple Cider Sangria
Add this autumnal Apple Cider Sangria to your holiday menu! White wine, cider, pear brandy and sliced fruit make for a festive cocktail!
This White Sangria Recipe is perfect for all your autumn entertaining! And it’s so pretty with red and yellow slices of fruit!
Apple Cider Sangria
In the summer, I love a White Wine Sangria full of an array of gorgeous seasonal fruit like fresh, juicy berries and peaches. I can nurse one all night long. But the idea of an autumnal version was swirling around in my head. A cocktail with Honeycrisp apple and Bartlett pear slices, apple cider and spiked with pear brandy.
A specialty cocktail is an easy way to make a memorable party. Offer the usual soft drinks, water, beer and wine. But add a themed drink like this autumnal sangria for those who want to try something fun and festive.
More Cocktail Recipes You’ll Love:
- Easy Ginger Whiskey Cocktail from Garnish with Lemon
- St. Germain Gin and Tonic
- French 75
- White Wine Sangria
- White Cosmopolitans
- Pomegranate Cosmopolitan
- Kir Royale
- More Classic Cocktails
Apple Cider Sangria Recipe
An autumnal sangria with cider, pears and apples that's wonderful any time of year!
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider
- 3-4 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 1 bottle (750 ml) white wine, I used Sauvignon Blanc
- ¼ cup pear brandy
- 1-2 Honeycrisp apples, cored and sliced thinly
- 1-2 Bartlett pears, cored and sliced thinly
- 12 ounces lemon-lime soda, I used Sprite, optional
- If you'd like a more pronounced apple flavor, simmer the cider in a saucepan until it reduces by half. Whisk in sugar until it dissolves. Cool. Or just use 1 ½ cups of cider straight up.
- In a large pitcher, combine the cooled cider, wine, brandy, and sugar if not added earlier. Whisk to combine. Add the fruit and refrigerate for 2-4 hours to let flavors blend.
- Before serving, add soda to taste if you'd like a little fizz, ice to the pitcher, and stir to combine.
You can make this sangria the day before, but add fruit the day you're serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 176Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 16mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 3gSugar: 30gProtein: 0g
20 Comments on “Apple Cider Sangria”
I crave this year round, not just in the fall. It’s so good!
This sangria looks perfect. I could sip this all the live long day.
Making sangria for our holiday and family gatherings have become a tradition and this one sounds just right.
This is such a pretty looking glassful, and I love the pear and apple flavors in there.
I’m in love with your mocktail, babe! xoxo
I love apple sangria, but have only had red. I will have to try the white! It looks so light and fresh.
So pretty, Liz! Love this for the holidays! 🙂
These look dangerous! Take a sip, take a bite… Nice cocktail!
Sounds like a taste of fall. I love sangria.
Sangria is the perfect party drink! IT is so nice to make up a large batch and have it ready to serve!
I like this apple cider sangria for our Florida winter. Delightful.
Happy holidays to you!
I love apple cider and turning it into sangria is genius.
I am a sangria fan, too, Liz. I love the crisp flavors in this!
I love the colorful slices of apple and pear, Liz. I think this qualifies as a healthy snack as well as a cocktail!
That looks and sounds delicious! I love a good sangria. It will be hard to wait for those flavors to meld though! LOL I’ll have to give this a try.
Nice twist on sangria for the holidays!
Anything with pears in it is delicious in my book!
pass me the pitcher! WOW! Love it!
Boy this looks good! I love the seasonal red and green fruit too:@)
Such a pretty and tasty holiday drink!