These Triple Ginger Snaps will delight your palate with ground ginger, crystallized ginger, and fresh ginger.
Ginger Snap Cookies are truly one of my favorite desserts. This amped-up version is perfect for the holidays, cookie exchanges and after school treats! I bet your crew will love these gingersnaps as much as mine does!
Triple Ginger Snaps
Bill and I have each influenced our children. He loves Oreos; they love Oreos. I am not a fan. The kids love ginger cookies, I love ginger cookies. He will not touch them. If he married some other gal, his children would most likely be eating canned beanie weenies and boxed mac and cheese.
Thank goodness our children are well rounded. And that they love my chewy ginger snaps. My standard, go-to recipe is full of warm spices and molasses. The ginger in this version is amplified by using powdered ginger, fresh ginger and crystallized ginger. Perfect tea time cookie and perfect holiday cookie!
Ginger Snap Cookies
I first baked these ginger snap cookies in 2009 when they appeared in the December issue of Bon Appetit. These sassy cookies were an instant hit with their intense ginger flavor. I’ve tweaked them very slightly to make prep easier. If you are a ginger fan, you’ll love these babies!
Things you may need for this ginger cookies recipe:
More Terrific Cookies:
- Dulce de Leche Stuffed Chocolate Cookies by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Pink Coconut Cookies by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Christmas Pudding Cookies by Food Lust People Love
- Nutella Skillet Cookie by Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Chewy Ginger Snaps
- Hot Chocolate Cookies
- Holiday Pinwheel Cookies
- More Best Cookie Recipes
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup minced crystallized ginger
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon mild molasses
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated fresh peeled ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- Sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Whisk flour, crystallized ginger, baking soda and salt; set aside. With electric mixer, beat butter till light, then add brown sugar and beat till creamy.Add egg, molasses, fresh ginger, ground ginger, cinnamon, and cloves. Mix to blend. Add flour mixture and beat on low just till incorporated.
- Pour some sugar into a shallow bowl. Scoop out rounded tablespoonfuls of dough and roll into balls between hands. Roll in sugar to coat, then place on baking sheet. Repeat with the rest of the dough placing about 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies until surfaces crack and cookies are set around edges but still slightly soft in center, about 15 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheets then remove to cooling rack to finish cooling.
Serving Size:2 cookies
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 190 Total Fat: 8g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 31mg Sodium: 238mg Carbohydrates: 27g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 14g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 2g