Besides wine and beer, I like to offer a specialty cocktail when I entertain. These Pear Cosmopolitans were for my November book club gathering. The combination of pears and cranberries sounded perfectly autumnal. And a splash of St. Germain liqueur provided a wonderful complimentary flavor.
Our group has been meeting monthly for 16 years. There have been births of grandchildren, divorces and cancer diagnoses. There has been laughter and tears. But it was the love of books that brought us all together. Plus, our mutual love of entertaining keeps us hopping from house to house, year after year.
What is St. Germain?
I served these in small glasses as, like traditional cosmopolitans and martinis, they pack a good alcohol punch. I introduced my friends to St. Germain liqueur made from elderberry flower blossoms. It really helps bring out the pear flavors and gives a certain je nais sais quois, certainly indescribable.
My friends all enjoyed these and I passed around the St. Germain for a quick show and tell. Since I now own a lifetime supply, my friends are welcome to come to my door with a measuring cup for enough of this libation to remake the cocktail. My friend and champion mixologist, Anita of Hungry Couple, was the source of this wonderful recipe for Pear Cosmopolitans.
A tasty pear twist on the classic cosmo! Adapted from Hungry Couple.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 3-4 servings 1x
- Category: Cocktail, Beverage
- Method: MIxing
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup pear vodka
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons St. Germain liqueur
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons cranberry juice
- 1/4 cup pear juice
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Fresh cranberries, optional, to garnish
- For easiest preparation, chill all ingredients. Combine all except cranberries. Pour into chilled glasses and garnish with cranberries if desired.
- Alternately, you may add part of the mixture into a cocktail shaker. Add ice, shake and pour.