An exquisite twist on the classic cosmo, these elegant Pear Cosmopolitans with St. Germain are perfect for fall and holiday entertaining!
This Cosmopolitan Recipe is a tasty change of pace for whatever gathering you have planned! My girlfriends loved this festive cocktail.
Besides wine and beer, I like to offer a specialty cocktail when I entertain. These Pear Cosmopolitans were for my November book club gathering. The combination of pears and cranberries sounded perfectly autumnal. And a splash of St. Germain liqueur provided a wonderful complimentary flavor.
Our group has been meeting monthly for 16 years. There have been births of grandchildren, divorces and cancer diagnoses. There has been laughter and tears. But it was the love of books that brought us all together. Plus, our mutual love of entertaining keeps us hopping from house to house, year after year.
If you have a book club, or love to read, check out the list of books we’ve discussed over the past 20+ years!
What is St. Germain?
I served these in small glasses as, like traditional cosmopolitans and martinis, they pack a good alcohol punch. I introduced my friends to St. Germain liqueur made from elderberry flower blossoms. It really helps bring out the pear flavors and gives a certain je nais sais quois, certainly indescribable. My St. Germain Gin and Tonics were the hit of our 4th of July party! Make sure to check out all my other Classic Cocktail Recipes.
My friends all enjoyed this cosmopolitan recipe, and I passed around the St. Germain for a quick show and tell. Since I now own a lifetime supply, my friends are welcome to come to my door with a measuring cup for enough of this libation to remake the cocktail. My friend and champion mixologist, Anita of Hungry Couple, was the source of this wonderful recipe for Pear Cosmopolitans.
This Pear Cosmopolitan Cocktail Ingredients
Here’s what you need to whip up these Pear cosmos:
- Pear Vodka
- St. Germain Liqueur
- Cranberry Juice (I used Ocean Spray Brand, plain cranberry juice would be too tart)
- Pear Juice
- Lime Juice
- Fresh cranberries and/or limes, optional, to garnish
- 1 cup pear vodka
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons St. Germain liqueur
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons cranberry juice
- 1/4 cup pear juice
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Fresh cranberries, optional, to garnish
- For easiest preparation, chill all ingredients. Combine all except cranberries. Pour into chilled glasses and garnish with cranberries if desired.
- Alternately, you may add part of the mixture into a cocktail shaker. Add ice, shake and pour.
Serving Size:1 glass
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 91Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 3mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 0g