A light, refreshing dish packed with loads of chopped vegetables, this Mediterranean Chopped Salad is perfectly sublime. Plus, it’s super simple to toss together for any occasion!
Mediterranean Chopped Salad
If you’re like me, you won’t be dining on the French Riveria this summer. So bring some of the wonderful flavors of the Mediterranean into your kitchen instead. This Mediterranean Chopped Salad recipe is just a starting point.
Add whatever vegetables you adore and swap out the cheese for a Greek Feta or Italian Gorgonzola you’re not a fan of fresh mozzarella. Don’t like olives? Leave them out. Bill spied the capers and steered clear. He’d definitely omit those little green berries.
I prefer my chopped salads to be more than just lettuce. Loads of vegetables and a variety of textures is what thrills my palate. They all must be chopped into bite-sized pieces which make them perfect for picnics and potlucks. The options are endless.
This is the same salad dressing I use for my Greek salad, a vinaigrette featuring red wine vinegar and freshly squeezed lemon juice. If you’re also a fan of chopped salads, check out this Southwest Chopped Salad.
Simple, yet the perfect way to tie together all the lovely ingredients. I’d happily eat this for my lunch or dinner, though I’d probably add even more cheese to up the protein. Perfect on a sultry day when the heat and humidity has dulled the appetite. Though light enough that you can still have a wee bit of something sweet when you’re finished. Bon Appetit!
For more terrific salad recipes, check out my Easy Side Dish Recipes.
- 1 English cucumber, peeled, seeded (if desired) and chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 8 ounce fresh mozzarella ball, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 6 ounces marinated artichoke quarters, drained
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, cut in half or chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, optional
- 1 romaine lettuce heart, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Kosher salt, to taste (start with 1/4 teaspoon)
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste (start with 1/8 teaspoon)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Toss together all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Before serving, whisk together vinegar, lemon juice, sugar salt and pepper. Drizzle in olive oil while whisking constantly. Pour about half over salad and toss. Add more vinaigrette if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 252Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 382mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 9g