This Easy Kahlua Bundt Cake is still my go-to recipe when I need a quick, yet decadent, dessert. This moist, dense chocolate cake is a snap to fix. You are going to fall in love with this simple Kahlua Cake recipe.
This fabulous chocolate cake mix recipe is embarrassingly simple. You’d never guess that it starts with a cake mix! It’s the Best Chocolate Cake Recipe to make when your time is limited, and I promise you’ll get asked for the recipe. I always do!!
Kahlua Bundt Cake
I know “semi-homemade” conjures up some bad images for many of my foodie friends: less than gourmet dishes, gloppy casseroles with canned soups, boxed “helper” meals, etc. But I have a few such recipes that my family adores, like this Easy Lemon Bundt Cake, and I just can’t just ignore their requests. When you find recipes like this Easy Chocolate Kahlua Cake and these fabulous Cake Mix Cookies, you can see there are times and places for said shortcuts.
This Kahlua Bundt Cake is another prime example. I have baked it for teachers’ luncheons, funeral dinners as well as family birthdays. And despite it being made with a boxed cake mix, I always get requests for this Bundt Cake Recipe. I think the full pint of sour cream may have something to do with the overwhelmingly positive reactions.
What Is a Bundt Cake?
A Bundt cake is a dessert baked in a certain type of pan, called a Bundt pan. It’s a donut shape with a hole in the center which allows for more even and faster baking. It’s also a more decorative cake taking on the shape of the pan. Typically Bundt cakes are denser than your traditional layer cakes, and they’re also easier to make!
Tips for Making an Easy Kahlua Cake
- One bowl, a mixer, and a handful of ingredients and you’ll have the most incredible aroma wafting through your kitchen in no time. It’s a dump-and-mix recipe, truly a no-brainer. Save this for when you’re in a pinch for time.
- PRO-Tip: I highly recommend spraying your Bundt pan with Baker’s Joy or some other oil/flour spray so that you’ll get an easy release from the pan. Cool in the pan for just 10 minutes, then invert onto a rack till it cools to room temperature.
- I finally had to replace my Bundt pan after no prep would give me good release. Sometimes the non-stick finish just wears out!
- Do not overmix your batter as it will add excess air and the goal is a smooth, dense batter.
- PRO-Tip: Use a toothpick to check the cake for doneness. When you start smelling a delicious aroma, it means the cake is nearly done. There should be a few to no moist crumbs on the toothpick after it’s inserted into the middle of the cake. If there’s batter on the toothpick, return it to the oven and check again in 5 minutes.
- As you can see, this Bundt Cake Recipe came out with nary a chocolate chip left behind. All this cake needs is a sprinkle of powdered sugar and you’ll hear nothing but swooning. Seriously, if you’re overwhelmed with the holidays, this amped-up cake mix recipe will be a lifesaver.
More Delicious Cake Mix Recipes:
- No-Bake Funfetti Cheesecake Cups from Wine and Glue
- Lemon Crinkle Cookies from Living Locurto
- Almond Bundt Cake
- Easy Margarita Poke Cake
- Gooey Butter Bars
- Chocolate Oreo Gooey Bars
- More Cake Recipes
If you’re still not sure, here are excerpts from a recent comment: One of the best chocolate cakes ever….The head cook where I work, who is an accomplished baker himself, told me it was the best Bundt cake he’s ever had. My favorite part was how ridiculously easy it was….A cake in the oven in less than 5 minutes? Yes please, I’ll have some more.
This recipe was first shared in November 2014. The photos and text were updated in 2020.
- Betty Crocker Chocolate Fudge cake mix, 15.25 ounces (with pudding in the mix)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Kahlua
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1-pint sour cream
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Beat together all ingredients except chocolate chips. Add chocolate chips when batter is smooth. Pour into well greased and floured Bundt pan. Bake 40-50 minutes.
- Cool about 10 minutes and turn out onto cake plate. Sprinkle with powdered sugar when cool.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 520Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 183mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 3gSugar: 42gProtein: 5g