Posted by Liz Berghttps://www.thatskinnychickcanbake.com/italian-rice-pilaf-toasted-almonds/
© 2017 That Skinny Chick Can Bake. All rights reserved.
Italian Rice Pilaf with Toasted Almonds
1 hr 15 mins
An easy rice pilaf that's perfect to round out nearly any meal!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup rice (I use long grain)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions, plus more to garnish if desired
- 2 2/3 cups chicken broth (use vegetable broth for a vegetarian dish)
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 2 quart baking dish. Set aside.
- Met butter in a large skillet. Stir in rice, mushrooms, bell pepper, Italian seasoning and green onions. Stir and cook until the mushrooms are tender.
- Pour rice mixture into baking dish. Stir in broth and almonds.Cover tightly with foil and bake for 1 hour. Check to see if rice is cooked and broth is absorbed. Cook longer if needed.
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 349kcal Calories from fat 201|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 22g||34%|
|Saturated Fat 10g||50%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
|Dietary Fiber||25g| Did you make this recipe?