Cranberry, White Chocolate, Crystallized Ginger Cookies AKA Cranberry Bliss Cookies are lip-smackin’ good. So sensational, though, that you’ll have trouble not eating them all yourself!
A Holiday Favorite: Cranberry White Chocolate Crystallized Ginger Cookies
These flavor-packed cranberry bliss cookies rank near the top of my best cookies ever list. Besides the outrageously delicious combination of tastes to tickle every taste bud, the bite of these is like no other.
There’s a certain snap when your teeth meet the sweet. These are not a crisp cookie, but not a soft chewy cookie either. These cranberry white chocolate crystallized ginger cookies are somewhere balanced perfectly in the middle of the spectrum.
How to Make These Cranberry White Chocolate Crystallized Ginger Cookies
The term “cranberry bliss” was coined by Starbucks via their cranberry bliss bars. Utilizing the same flavors, these cranberry bliss cookies are irresistible. Here are some tips for making perfect cookies!
- Start by having your butter and eggs at room temperature. This allows for easier and more complete incorporation into the dough.
- Feel free to use white chocolate chips for these cookies, but I prefer using Ghirardelli white chocolate bars and chopping my own chunks.
- Line your baking sheet withparchment paper. This prevents your cookies from sticking to the pan and makes for easy cleanup.
- Use a cookie scoop/cookie disher to make consistent sized cookies. I like a medium scoop for these cookies.
- In general, I like under-baking my cookies just slightly. They will continue to cook a bit after they’re out of the oven from the residual heat of the baking sheet. This ensures a chewier cookie.
- These Cranberry, White Chocolate, Crystallized Ginger Cookies freeze well, so you can make them ahead for the holidays. I like putting them in gallon sized freezer ziploc bags with most of the air removed for freezing.
Cranberry Bliss Cookies: a tantalizing flavor combination
The addition of white chocolate chunks, dried cranberries, pecans and crystallized ginger make these cranberry bliss cookies some of the best you’ll ever eat. The cranberries make them super festive and the aroma of ginger in your kitchen while these are baking will put you in the holiday spirit.
If you’ve been searching for a new cookie for your Christmas baking, give these cranberry white chocolate crystallized ginger cookies a try. Before you know it, the season will be upon us, so it’s time to stock up on butter, sugar (Imperial, of course!) and flour plus all the extras to make your holidays memorable.
For more inspiration, make sure to check out all the delectable cookies from my blogger friends as we celebrate cookie week!
Holiday Cookie Week!
Ginger cookies are the ultimate Christmas treat. From the Chewy Gingersnaps I’ve been making for decades to an updated Triple Gingersnaps recipe with crystallized ginger, you can’t miss the spirit of the holidays with any of these in your kitchen.
Make sure to stop by and grab a warm cookie from one of today’s Cookie Week participants!
- Skillet Cookie by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Pumpkin Cookie Cups with Biscoff Buttercream by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Chocolate-Cherry Chews by Crumb
- Cranberry, White Chocolate, Crystallized Ginger Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Dark and Crunchy Peanut Butter Cookies by Hungry Couple
- Dulce de Leche Filled Brownie Sandwich Cookies by Mind Over Batter
- Muffin Top Cookies by Food Lust People Love
- Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Sandwich Cookies by Chocolate Moosey
Photo circa 2014
Things you may need for this recipe:Print
Cranberry, White Chocolate, Crystallized Ginger Cookies
A star studded cookie that’s perfect for the holidays and all year long!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 14 minutes
- Total Time: 34 minutes
- Yield: 2 1/2-3 dozen 1x
- Category: Cookies, Holiday
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/3 cup crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 8 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line baking sheets with parchment and set aside.
- Cream butter, shortening and sugars. Add egg and vanilla and mix well. Mix in salt and baking soda, then flour. Stir in cranberries, pecans, ginger and white chocolate.
- Scoop, then roll tablespoonfuls of dough. Place 2 inches apart on baking sheets. Bake for 12-14 minutes or till golden. Cool for a few minutes on baking sheet then remove to wire rack to finish cooling.