Cranberry, White Chocolate, Crystallized Ginger Cookies
Cranberry, White Chocolate, Crystallized Ginger Cookies are lip-smackin’ good. Festive, delicious, and perfect for the holidays!
Looking for a new Christmas cookie? These Cranberry Bliss Cookies will be a major hit!
Why You Must Make
- These flavor-packed cranberry bliss cookies rank near the top of my best cookies ever list. Besides the outrageously delicious combination of tastes to tickle every taste bud, the bite of these is like no other.
- There’s a certain snap when your teeth meet the sweet. These are not a crisp cookie, but not a soft chewy cookie either. These cranberry white chocolate crystallized ginger cookies are somewhere balanced perfectly in the middle of the spectrum.
- If you’re looking for a new, show-stopping Christmas cookie recipe, give this winner a try!
How to Make
The term “cranberry bliss” was coined by Starbucks via their cranberry bliss bars. Utilizing some of the same flavors, these cranberry bliss cookies are irresistible. Here are some tips for making perfect cookies!
- Start by having your butter and eggs at room temperature. This allows for easier and more complete incorporation into the dough.
- Feel free to use white chocolate chips for these cookies, but I prefer using Ghirardelli white chocolate bars and chopping my own chunks.
- The addition of shortening gives these cookies some structure. You can use all butter, but expect a flatter cookie.
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper. This prevents your cookies from sticking to the pan and makes for easy cleanup.
- Use a cookie scoop to make consistent-sized cookies. I like a medium scoop for these cookies.
- In general, I like under-baking my cookies just slightly. They will continue to cook a bit after they’re out of the oven from the residual heat of the baking sheet. This ensures a chewier cookie.
- These Cranberry, White Chocolate, Crystallized Ginger Cookies freeze well, so you can make them ahead for the holidays. I like putting them in gallon sized freezer ziploc bags with most of the air removed for freezing.
Frequently Asked Questions
Cranberry Bliss Bars are a popular seasonal item at Starbucks. They’re a blonde cake with dried cranberries, a layer of cream cheese frosting that’s sprinkled with orange zest, and dried cranberries.
Cranberry bliss cookies will keep well in a sealed container at room temperature for 3-4 days. After that, they can be frozen, if kept in an airtight container, for up to 3 months.
Also known as candied ginger, crystallized ginger is made by cooking ginger in a sugar syrup then coating it in coarse sugar.
You May Also Like:
- Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Sandwich Cookies by Chocolate Moosey
- Chewy Gingersnaps
- Triple Gingersnaps
- Plus How to Host a Cookie Exchange
- More Holiday Recipes
Stay in touch through social media @ Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Don’t forget to tag me when you try one of my recipes! And if you love the results, please give it a 5-star rating in the recipe card. Note: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Visit my Amazon Store for my favorite products.
- ½ cup butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup vegetable shortening
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ¾ cup flour
- ⅔ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup chopped pecans, toasted
- ⅓ cup crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 8 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line baking sheets with parchment and set them aside.
- Cream butter, shortening, and sugars. Add egg and vanilla and mix well. Mix in salt and baking soda, then flour.
- Stir in cranberries, pecans, ginger, and white chocolate.
- Scoop, then roll tablespoonfuls of dough. Place 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or till golden.
- Cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet then remove the cookies to a wire rack to finish cooling.
The shortening gives a delightful snap to these cookies. If you use all butter, you'll miss the wonderful texture the shortening provides.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 158Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 93mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 1g